5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repeated reboot

jdale

Reaction score
Started today. Uconnect system reboots itself every 2-4 minutes. Anyone else seeing this?

pretzelogic

Reaction score
This occurred on my 2019 Longhorn early October. Reboot every 2 minutes. Unit was also unable to perform full shutdown of electronics when engine shut off so I was coming out to a dead truck every morning. GPS for NAV was shot as well. Dealer had truck in May for a similar dead battery issue. They replaced the battery and eventually discovered the root cause was a short in the Auto Dim mirror. Truck was at dealer two weeks for that issue. It was fine for a few months with new battery and fix to short taking care of it. For this recent reboot and dead battery issue they told me the radio was bricked and could not be repaired/re-flashed. Waited 3+weeks (with truck at dealer) for a refurb unit. They installed it and when I picked it up the heated/ventilated seats controls were missing from menu. They worked on it two more days (called FCA techs in) and could not resolve (or figure out) what the issue is so I am waiting on yet another radio. Now the heated seats turn on randomly with no way to shut them off other than shutting engine off. Truck at least shuts down properly now (no dead battery). Truck was flawless for almost 2 years. Thought I was one of the lucky ones. This has been a bit of a nightmare. The time to receive a refurb radio is several weeks and I can only think its due to the high demand for replacements. I don't know if this was caused by an OTA update but have seen many other member issues after OTA. I've been in contact with FCA (Uconnect) but basically get a call every few days saying radio is on the way. Concerned about future reliability of this truck.
So we wait....again

jdale

Reaction score
Experiencing the dead battery now. Waited 1 week on the radio replacement. Hoping for this week but after reading your story I may not hold my breath.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Experiencing the dead battery now. Waited 1 week on the radio replacement. Hoping for this week but after reading your story I may not hold my breath.
Wondering if it was the battery and not UConnect all along. Let us know what your dealer says.

jdale

Reaction score
Dealer shrugged. Took it to the local parts store and they said the battery was good.

Catdaddy

Reaction score
Did you get any fix to this?

I have a 2019 Rebel I just got and the whole infotainment system reboots every 3 or 4 minutes while the truck is on.

I have no issues with a dead battery as of right now and everything seems to shutdown when I turn the truck off and lock it. It is just sucky to have the radio reboot so much.

Franny

Reaction score
No fix to this and Fiat Chrysler says service dept would have to actually observe the problem or they won't cover diagnostic service visit. Intermittent problem so obviously that's next to impossible. Entire system shuts down once per minute in my truck. No battery problem - it's Uconnect problem. It is a safety issue as it is distracting, the nav system, backup cameras, radio and all other controls are shut off when this happens. Chrysler warranty is worthless and I paid for extra warranty as well. Selling and buying Toyota, but would like to join class action lawsuits, of which there are several.
Did you get any fix to this?

I have a 2019 Rebel I just got and the whole infotainment system reboots every 3 or 4 minutes while the truck is on.

I have no issues with a dead battery as of right now and everything seems to shutdown when I turn the truck off and lock it. It is just sucky to have the radio reboot so much.

Catdaddy

Reaction score
No fix to this and Fiat Chrysler says service dept would have to actually observe the problem or they won't cover diagnostic service visit. Intermittent problem so obviously that's next to impossible. Entire system shuts down once per minute in my truck. No battery problem - it's Uconnect problem. It is a safety issue as it is distracting, the nav system, backup cameras, radio and all other controls are shut off when this happens. Chrysler warranty is worthless and I paid for extra warranty as well. Selling and buying Toyota, but would like to join class action lawsuits, of which there are several.
I had a big long post on another thread to which this whole situation got way worse with Mopar and the dealer, but eventually I was consistent enough and the dealer finally tested the radio and found it had a 2amp draw on the battery. Getting a new radio.

Let us know how you make out on the sale and get into a new truck.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a big long post on another thread to which this whole situation got way worse with Mopar and the dealer, but eventually I was consistent enough and the dealer finally tested the radio and found it had a 2amp draw on the battery. Getting a new radio.

Let us know how you make out on the sale and get into a new truck.
Glad they were able to chase it down. My intermittent USB disconnection was hard to troubleshoot since every time I took it in it would start working. Finally it stayed down long enough for them to take it in and fix the issue (cable to hub not fully seated at the factory).

Users who are viewing this thread