5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing trim around the windows

marcd118

Reaction score
Ive had the chrome molding around my rear drivers side door replaced at the dealer twice now and it still looks like crap. Ive lost confidence in them at this point. The end of the molding is popped up a little. It seems like some double sided tape would fix it, but want to know how hard it is to remove it.

greatrush2112

Reaction score
I've noticed the same on my limited. The rear passenger side looks horrendous at the seam. Definitely cheapens the truck. Will the dealer replace it under warranty?

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've noticed the same on my limited. The rear passenger side looks horrendous at the seam. Definitely cheapens the truck. Will the dealer replace it under warranty?

I had the trim on the driver door replaced today. Mine was warp/bent up at the rear. New piece looks fine. Yes, replaced under warranty.

marcd118

Reaction score
I had the trim on the driver door replaced today. Mine was warp/bent up at the rear. New piece looks fine. Yes, replaced under warranty.

My dealer has replaced it twice and it looks the same both times.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer has replaced it twice and it looks the same both times.
I haven’t had any issue with my trucks but did on my wife’s Pacifica. Insist that it goes to a body shop. The body guys know how to do it, the dealer mechanics are clueless on anything non mechanical

Swerv75

Reaction score
Ive had the chrome molding around my rear drivers side door replaced at the dealer twice now and it still looks like crap. Ive lost confidence in them at this point. The end of the molding is popped up a little. It seems like some double sided tape would fix it, but want to know how hard it is to remove it.
So your telling me the molding can come off!?!

marcd118

Reaction score
Yes it can, I think it snaps in and held up by 3m tape.

marcd118

Reaction score
You can see where mine is popping out. They claimed to have replaced it twice now. I’m calling bs or FCA quality is garbage.

Attachments

• 74F5C361-CB88-49DC-819D-63BDCA868DD7.jpeg
    74F5C361-CB88-49DC-819D-63BDCA868DD7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 263
  • F6B11E6F-EEFA-453E-9626-897B906EC508.jpeg
    F6B11E6F-EEFA-453E-9626-897B906EC508.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 261
  • 5073FF1A-3F5C-4692-86AA-FC23821B9966.jpeg
    5073FF1A-3F5C-4692-86AA-FC23821B9966.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 258
  • 205416BD-09B3-43CA-8F1B-4A62EFED5FEB.jpeg
    205416BD-09B3-43CA-8F1B-4A62EFED5FEB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 251

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can see where mine is popping out. They claimed to have replaced it twice now. I’m calling bs or FCA quality is garbage.

Do you know who is doing it cause I would get the body shop to do it, mechanics are good but they don't know much about body work unless they are qualified.

marcd118

Reaction score
Update: I was finally contacted by the Service Manager at the dealer, since I displayed by frustration about have the trim replaced 3 times now with it looking worse each time. They ordered me new trim and will send it to a professional body shop that does all their work to be installed. They probably should have done this in the first place. The body shop will also look at the front bumper to see if it can be adjusted some to fix gap. The dealer also order the new driver side mirror since it makes grinding noises now too. Overall, I think Im heading in the right direction, but I will wait and see as this dealer has been terrible in regards to service competence.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Update: I was finally contacted by the Service Manager at the dealer, since I displayed by frustration about have the trim replaced 3 times now with it looking worse each time. They ordered me new trim and will send it to a professional body shop that does all their work to be installed. They probably should have done this in the first place. The body shop will also look at the front bumper to see if it can be adjusted some to fix gap. The dealer also order the new driver side mirror since it makes grinding noises now too. Overall, I think Im heading in the right direction, but I will wait and see as this dealer has been terrible in regards to service competence.
Glad to hear! Check back once they do the work to let us know how it turned out.

sirbojangles

Reaction score
Mines doing this on mine as well replaced under warranty. Just got it done today and not even a few hours it looks like nothing was done. Went back to the dealership Now I’ll wait again but this time the trim is on backorder.

Thunder77

Reaction score
mine is doing it also, was replaced once under warranty and now they refuse to fix it. Lasted about a day. I tried to shimmy some 3m mounding tape behind it did not work. Frustrated. Brand new truck and dealer wants to blame me for the issue.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
mine is doing it also, was replaced once under warranty and now they refuse to fix it. Lasted about a day. I tried to shimmy some 3m mounding tape behind it did not work. Frustrated. Brand new truck and dealer wants to blame me for the issue.

I apologize for the frustration, @Thunder77. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message to provide additional details of your situation so that we may determine how to best assist at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread