5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Laramie fender flares

chad202

Reaction score
Can this be done? Are the only holes on the inside the fender?

chad202

Reaction score
Anyone found a work around with these? I'm thinking about removing them and putting a wrap to match the paint around the fender. I think the truck looks way better without them.

banditsc

Reaction score
You need to replace the front fenders with ones for a Bighorn or Tradesman if you don't want fender flares. The bed, you will probably just have to have welded up and repainted.

Last edited:

jsessa

Reaction score
How do you remove the oem flares? Just taking out the screws doesn’t do it. I want to install larger Bushwacker flares.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
How do you remove the oem flares? Just taking out the screws doesn’t do it. I want to install larger Bushwacker flares.
There's white clips on the backside of the flares. You would need to remove the fender liners to get to the clips.

mike12193

Reaction score
If you remove the fender liners and put a 8mm or 9mm socket on the back of the fender where the clips go in you can take them out without and clips breaking. If you don’t care about the clips just use a trim removal tool and take your time. Pretty easy.
fc5ea5af9b287f2aed4a913d9a9b5045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread