5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove rear seat backs?

LVLAaron

Reaction score
Looking to install an amp maybe on the rear wall of the truck - How do you get the rear seat backs down/off?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pull down the center seat/armrest. Behind the back seats there is a lanyard on each seat back (more like a string really). Pull on the lanyard and the back seat will release.

LVLAaron

Reaction score
Mine is a Bighorn w/ non-reclining seats. Not seeing or feeling a lanyard anywhere.

russ

Reaction score
do you have picture where lanyard is i couldn't find it on my laramie

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on your truck. You should fill out your signature so we can help you better. My Rebel seats have to be unbolted and removed. They don’t recline nor do they fold forward.
Patsy, remember what kind of sockets are needed? I see a huge torx forward and what feels like 18mm hex in the rear... 10mm hex fits snug on the torx but I do NOT want to round the little guys off considering how tight they are...

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Patsy, remember what kind of sockets are needed? I see a huge torx forward and what feels like 18mm hex in the rear... 10mm hex fits snug on the torx but I do NOT want to round the little guys off considering how tight they are...

I never wound up removing the rear seats. I’d like to at some point to see what room I have back there. Since I have my truck back now I’m looking for mount options for my amp and sub. I can’t put them under the front seats because they are a bit too big with the connections unfortunately and I’d rather not take up my underwear storage in the rear so.....once I get things all tested I’ll probably remove the seats and see what’s what. Sorry for the long answer!

Walski

Reaction score
Looking to install an amp maybe on the rear wall of the truck - How do you get the rear seat backs down/off?
My seats don’t fold down I removed them today to install my amps. I trimmed the latch that holds the back so now I can lay the backs down. I made a bracket to mount my amp rack to out of sheet metal angle. Amp rack is rough for now I will be replacing it with some 1/2” plastic I ordered. Other picture is the bass knob and bass amp remote switch I installed. I want to be able to complete turn off the bass that is why I put a switch

Attachments

• 2B1FD2D7-38E0-4375-9857-372B10C1C7B0.jpeg
    2B1FD2D7-38E0-4375-9857-372B10C1C7B0.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 755
  • 1DA066BC-D7E9-4CA8-9906-24535C84560A.jpeg
    1DA066BC-D7E9-4CA8-9906-24535C84560A.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 716
  • 9583D53F-3DE7-489B-8010-EE241DE86B7B.jpeg
    9583D53F-3DE7-489B-8010-EE241DE86B7B.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 680

LVLAaron

Reaction score
My seats don’t fold down I removed them today to install my amps. I trimmed the latch that holds the back so now I can lay the backs down. I made a bracket to mount my amp rack to out of sheet metal angle. Amp rack is rough for now I will be replacing it with some 1/2” plastic I ordered. Other picture is the bass knob and bass amp remote switch I installed. I want to be able to complete turn off the bass that is why I put a switch
You talking about the "hook" on the seat that latches onto the rear firewall?

televe

Reaction score
In the first photo, what are those three loops sticking up behind the rear seats used for? I was hoping to find a way to fold the rear seat backs down and thought that they might be attached to some sort of unlatching mechanism.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In the first photo, what are those three loops sticking up behind the rear seats used for? I was hoping to find a way to fold the rear seat backs down and thought that they might be attached to some sort of unlatching mechanism.

The loops are not to fold seats. Not all seats fold. mine don’t.

Fartknocker

Reaction score
Where did you ground the amps back there? I dont have the etorque but i have a bare bolt sticking up in the middle of that bubble tunnel of carpet where the etorque leads come out of yours. I was thinking this must be the factory ground for the etorque? Or is there a better ground under there somewhere?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need a 18mm socket and a E12 e-torx socket to remove the rear seats. You can probably get away with a 19mm as thats what I had to use but it was kinda loose. Also recommend an air ratchet or battery powered ratchet because they are a pain to get out with hand tools. Once you remove the 4 bolts(2 etorx up front and 2 18mm in the rear the seat just lifts up and you can pull it out.

I used that bare bolt to ground my amp, works fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread