5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Tailgate opener?

Reaction score
Has anyone added a remote tailgate opener to their truck that didn't come with it?
If so, what kinda coin are we looking at?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jmyler

Reaction score
I heard that if you get a limited truck remote with the tailgate button and pair it with your truck that it works. There was a post about someone getting one with their bighorn from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I heard that if you get a limited truck remote with the tailgate button and pair it with your truck that it works. There was a post about someone getting one with their bighorn from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll check into that

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was this thread not too long ago

Reaction score
There was this thread not too long ago

Thanks

moparleo51

Reaction score
yes , i have done this, it cost me $99 for the fob, and then i had the dealer activate it, i think they charged me like $80

Reaction score
yes , i have done this, it cost me $99 for the fob, and then i had the dealer activate it, i think they charged me like $80
And your truck doesn't have the tailgate button in the over head console?

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you were to get the correct key fob, can it be programmed at home with an alfaOBD or TazerDT?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you were to get the correct key fob, can it be programmed at home with an alfaOBD or TazerDT?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I got the correct key fob, new online and no you can't enable it with the tazer or the alfob. Must be done at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread