5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start range

Reaction score
I am really disappointed with my remote start range. It is much shorter then my previous 2011 Ram. The dealer said it may be the batteries in the key fob. I don't believe that. Anyone else have this issue?

ericd

Reaction score
Yea mine is significantly worse than my other 2 Rams. I assumed my battery was probably a little weaker.

eyeguy

Reaction score
My range is weak also. Pretty much have to be in sight. 200-300 feet or so.

GasTank87

Reaction score
Same with mine. It's useless at work. I might as well just walk my *** all the way out to the truck to turn it on. Thought it was the battery even though the truck is only 2 months old. Tried the other remote, same thing. Great for the house in the morning. Useless elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PhilBilly

Reaction score
I am really disappointed with my remote start range. It is much shorter then my previous 2011 Ram. The dealer said it may be the batteries in the key fob. I don't believe that. Anyone else have this issue?
If it is a factory install you can use the Sirius Guardian app, can't be dealership added though only factory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DesertRebel

Reaction score
If it is a factory install you can use the Sirius Guardian app, can't be dealership added though only factory.

I've read its glitchy... I haven't bothered to use it... does it work without glitches for you?

Fatnipples

Reaction score

Yes just enough to start from your driveway in the house. They want you to buy the app so they cut the range down. The remote on my grand Cherokee can reach across a 100yrd parking lot within my building

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
It glitches rarely and tells you not received

There are many threads stating that xm guardian does not work at all let alone glitchy. Mine also does not work at all. Both dealerships and fca state it being an xm issue.

FlyIdaho

Reaction score
My Guardian app works about 95% perfectly. Not sure what the problems are. Every once in a while it will say failed and I hit it again and it works. And it's free.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
My Guardian app works about 95% perfectly. Not sure what the problems are. Every once in a while it will say failed and I hit it again and it works. And it's free.

Mine works 95% too, my trial is over in 2 weeks ... so won’t be free anymore

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first purchased, my account was tied up with my 2013, so I sat in the truck and hit the assist and connected with Uconnect. App has worked flawlessly since they did whatever they did to connect my new truck vin with the app. Also, my range to start on my remote seems to work similarly to my 2013 did. And tdager is correct, stick the fob up to your chin and use your head as an antenna, and you will get longer range...true $h!t.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I use the chin method too ... It either works, or there's a ton of us out there who are sticking by our story! I've never had a vehicle with remote start prior to my 2019, so I'm amazed at how far away it does work. Seemed a pointless feature until it actually turned colder in Houston, TX. Now I'm hooked. You all enjoy those RAMs!

PhilBilly

Reaction score
Mine is the same way

Users who are viewing this thread