5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start question

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone I found someone selling 2 brand new key fobs and a new module and it has remote start.my truck does not have remote start so If I were to buy and install this module would I now have remote start? Or is there more to it then that?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would let the dealer do that....there's a bit more and then those components will be covered under warranty.
Im just wondering if I buy it private party would it have to be programmed by the dealership? Or does it not need to be programmed?

Reaction score
Im just wondering if I buy it private party would it have to be programmed by the dealership? Or does it not need to be programmed?

There’s companies that can install it on any car, even some that can do it through an App, but I would have the dealer do it so it doesn’t affect warranty, but if it isn’t a thing you are worried about, go with a company or private party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread