5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start on Rebel Ecodiesel

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is going to the dealer next Friday because the remote did not function on a few colder days, the service manager told me there is an update for the 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel concerning the remote start.

Has anyone else had the remote start issues.

Another issue is my driver door handle sensor is intermittent, the passenger door is fine and the remote door opening feature is fine also, so they will inspect that while being there for the update. He did change the battery in the remote and still would not recognize my hand to unlock the doors.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is going to the dealer next Friday because the remote did not function on a few colder days, the service manager told me there is an update for the 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel concerning the remote start.

Has anyone else had the remote start issues.

Another issue is my driver door handle sensor is intermittent, the passenger door is fine and the remote door opening feature is fine also, so they will inspect that while being there for the update. He did change the battery in the remote and still would not recognize my hand to unlock the doors.
Hi @Rebelguy2020 - Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer!

Mark
RamCares

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RamCares did you not see he is from Canada and you can't help him. ;)
Just to let you know that Mark from RamCares, did send me a personal message apologizing that he could not help with my situation because I am Canadian, howerver he did give me the Canadian 1-800... and the website link to reach out to FCA if required.

RamCares

Reaction score
RamCares did you not see he is from Canada and you can't help him. ;)

Just to let you know that Mark from RamCares, did send me a personal message apologizing that he could not help with my situation because I am Canadian, howerver he did give me the Canadian 1-800... and the website link to reach out to FCA if required.
Thank you for taking the time to share that, @Rebelguy2020! We do sincerely apologize that we are not able to provide further support for our friends up north. Though our Canadian teams are always willing to provide support!

Mark
RamCares

2019REBEL

Reaction score

That's good, I reached out to FCA Canada as the dealer is dragging their heels for my mirrors. One of the service advisors said they couldn't do anything with them so I contacted FCA Canada and within a week the service manager is helping me personally. Still not fixed but at least it is noted on my file and he is taking up his chain.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck from the dealer on Friday, they replaced the batteries in the key fobs, they said it may have been the reason for the remote start not functioning on cold days, time will tell, they ordered a new driver door handle for the intermittent entry sensor.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck from the dealer on Friday, they replaced the batteries in the key fobs, they said it may have been the reason for the remote start not functioning on cold days, time will tell, they ordered a new driver door handle for the intermittent entry sensor.
How is your remote start working after the battery change? I have noticed my remote start hasn’t worked for the last few days now. No other key fob related issues.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Hey, did this solve the remote start issue? Mine is having issues erratically now.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, did this solve the remote start issue? Mine is having issues erratically now.
My dealer did a software update and I haven’t had a problem with remote start since, it’s seems the fob range was greatly increased and even in below freezing temps it has worked since the update.

I thought my battery was toast, and still kind of do but I can’t force them to replace it if it tests good while they have it in their shop.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
My dealer did a software update and I haven’t had a problem with remote start since, it’s seems the fob range was greatly increased and even in below freezing temps it has worked since the update.

I thought my battery was toast, and still kind of do but I can’t force them to replace it if it tests good while they have it in their shop.
Thanks for the reply!

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Welp I guess it’s back to the dealer. -7c today and the remote start doesn’t work again after the truck sat for the night.
Your kidding? Dam...

What happens with yours? Mine will honk once and then do nothing where usually it will honk once, honk again, and then start. If you manually start it with the remote start work after?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the horn honk turned off with remote start, but yes mine does the same thing.

On a normal remote start the horn and lights will flash to signal that the doors locked and then a second honk and flash will notify you that the truck has started.

When the remote start does not work the truck will only honk or flash the lights once then nothing happens.

Let say I leave for work at 7:30 and get to work for 7:45, at home the remote start did not work but after the short drive to work I shut the truck off and the remote start will work again. The issues only occur if it is below freezing and after the truck has sat for the night. I am leaning towards a weak battery, but if it tests fine at the dealer there isn’t much they can do till it fails completely and leaves me stranded in the bush.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Exact same issue I am having. I took a photo of my battery voltage after it wouldn't remote start and it was 10.2.
I have the horn honk turned off with remote start, but yes mine does the same thing.

On a normal remote start the horn and lights will flash to signal that the doors locked and then a second honk and flash will notify you that the truck has started.

When the remote start does not work the truck will only honk or flash the lights once then nothing happens.

Let say I leave for work at 7:30 and get to work for 7:45, at home the remote start did not work but after the short drive to work I shut the truck off and the remote start will work again. The issues only occur if it is below freezing and after the truck has sat for the night. I am leaning towards a weak battery, but if it tests fine at the dealer there isn’t much they can do till it fails completely and leaves me stranded in the bush.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is now about 9 hours later and a couple degrees above freezing, remote start refuses to work again. Will take it back to the dealer Monday.

Attachments

• FE4615D7-E85D-4B8C-BE31-86AE6708F4A4.jpeg
    FE4615D7-E85D-4B8C-BE31-86AE6708F4A4.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 21

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
I didnt have these issues last winter. I assume its a weak battery also but it will but tough to convince a dealer once it gets driven there and charged...

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is your remote start working after the battery change? I have noticed my remote start hasn’t worked for the last few days now. No other key fob related issues.
Sorry for replying so late, didn’t see your post somehow, I’m somewhat new at this, anyway they did change the batteries in the remote and replaced the door handle, I haven’t had any issues since then.

I did notice that the voltage is sometimes lower that it should be when the truck is running, it reads just above 12 volts, on idle or driving. It should be at least 13 volts, I had tried shutting the heated seats the radio and the heater blower off and there was no change in the voltage. Sometimes the voltage is ok, I will ask the dealer to check it out on the next oil change

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No luck again this morning with the remote start, temperate was -5c and the truck was reporting the battery voltage at 11.5.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
No luck again this morning with the remote start, temperate was -5c and the truck was reporting the battery voltage at 11.5.
I disconnected the battery overnight in an attempt to do a reset. I also checked the battery this morning with a battery tester, it said it was weak. But once I connected everything again and tried the remote start, it worked. Maybe it just needed a reset. I'll keep you posted if it keeps working. Tomorrow morning will be the next test.

Users who are viewing this thread