5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regen distance

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to Torque the first measured regen on my 2020 was 300mi. I'm currently at about 270mi and showing 44%.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few questions here. What is Torque that you are speaking of and how do you know when your truck regens? I haven’t found anything in my vehicle info pertaining to that. I would love to know when it is going to do a regen. I see you have a limited so not sure if your’s has something in the EVIC that mine doesn’t. But I do have the 7” EVIC

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Torque is an app you can get that communicates with the truck via OBD port.

I'm using the Scan Gauge II on mine and it shows regeneration status and % of soot load in the DPF also. It's pretty cool.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see, thanks for the replies. Weird that the EVIC doesn’t show you regen info from factory. Is there any good reason that’s not part of the vehicle info?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see, thanks for the replies. Weird that the EVIC doesn’t show you regen info from factory. Is there any good reason that’s not part of the vehicle info?
Because all this information would likely turn off the "turn key" buyers who would buy diesel because it's fashionable. They don't want the common folk to know what's going on behind the curtain.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My latest regen was 410 miles. I'm pretty happy with that for stock tune.

Now the weird part.

The actual active regeneration took about 20% fewer miles to accomplish and the displayed temperature on my Torque Pro app was about 750°F.

My Gen 2 would need between 1200-1300°F to burn off the soot.

Users who are viewing this thread