5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red to Black HyperShift Paint

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not paint, it's PlastiDip. But it's pretty impressive what they can do with that stuff. I remember when your only choices were satin black and white, lol. Won't hold up over time like paint, but is cheaper and can be easily peeled off (if you do it right) when you want a new look or want to go back to stock (similar to a vinyl wrap).

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
It's not paint, it's PlastiDip. But it's pretty impressive what they can do with that stuff. I remember when your only choices were satin black and white, lol. Won't hold up over time like paint, but is cheaper and can be easily peeled off (if you do it right) when you want a new look or want to go back to stock (similar to a vinyl wrap).
Actually the pearl is an additive that can be added to any clear coat whether it be plasti-dip or PPG.

Last edited:

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been a while since I looked into plastidip - pretty awesome what strides have been made;

For someone who wants to color change but not have to do it again in 5 years+ is it still better to go with a vinyl wrap over PlastiDip?

I'm planning to undertake a classic resto-mod and debating between Vinyl and Dip - I have a lot of sqft to cover but it's pretty flat, so wrapping by myself is possible

Users who are viewing this thread