5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Rebel Emblem Overhaul

JD FOX

Reaction score
I finally personalized my Rebel this week. Purchased all new emblems, painted them red/black and finished the install today.

I work at a body shop so getting these painted and put on was painless. For those who are curious the front skid plate is a pain to remove without overhauling the bumper, little to no room to turn a wrench to remove the bolts holding the skid plate to the bumper. I chose a red that closely matched the interior bezels, its actually a Ferrari color code so I think I gained 2-4 HP by doing this. Satin black paint on the skid plate. The foam tape RAM uses on the emblems is a paint to remove completely from the truck as well. I have in-process photos I can post another day. I love this damn truck more and more everyday (her name is Pepper). IMG_2081.JPG IMG_2083.JPG IMG_2084.JPG IMG_2088.JPG

edgarrian

Reaction score
I like it but why not do all the 4x4. I really think it should be. Just having the X in red looks out of place. If you want my opinion.

Cord3iro_5.7

Reaction score
Looks great. Did you remove the grill to take the front ram emblems off? Was trying to pop them out. Was able to get the M out but the rest where being a B***h, and didnt want to risk braking them.

JD FOX

Reaction score
Looks great. Did you remove the grill to take the front ram emblems off? Was trying to pop them out. Was able to get the M out but the rest where being a B***h, and didnt want to risk braking them.

I just broke them off. Purchased new ones to install. The small guide pins are tough to not break upon removal.

RichT

Reaction score
yes, please share the paint code and thanks

JD FOX

Reaction score
Paint code.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 163

UglyMutt

Reaction score
Hmmm since my wife owns a beauty salon I was gonna use a tiny brush and some finger nail polish and paint mine

Cecil H

Reaction score
Did something similar image.jpg image (2).jpg IMG_20200209_120924.jpg image (1).jpg , love the red look. Mine is called dark red metallic vinyl

Users who are viewing this thread