5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent issues with 2022 Ram 1500

Jakefromstatefarm22

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I really want your thoughts on any recent issues. As you've probably seen from my previous post, the 12 in uconnect has been a glitching disaster for me. Now just recently, the check engine light and start/stop light with an exclamation point both turned on simultaneously, turning off my tow/haul mode while driving. Extremely frustrated. Especially since the dealership is not guaranteeing a rental car until a diagnostic can be done which they said could take anywhere from 1 to 2 days. Some of us have family and job to handle during the week. So much for that wonderful warranty coverage.

yellowboy

Reaction score
If they have it overnight they have to give you a rental, I am not sure where you can find that in writing. These trucks are junk, sorry to say .

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is your truck covered under the latest recall that updates the AS/S system?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These trucks are junk, sorry to say .
Based on what? This is my first Ram, and it's easily the nicest truck I've ever owned. I've had a couple minor issues, all of which have been resolved by a handful of dealerships from Florida to Idaho.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I really want your thoughts on any recent issues. As you've probably seen from my previous post, the 12 in uconnect has been a glitching disaster for me. Now just recently, the check engine light and start/stop light with an exclamation point both turned on simultaneously, turning off my tow/haul mode while driving. Extremely frustrated. Especially since the dealership is not guaranteeing a rental car until a diagnostic can be done which they said could take anywhere from 1 to 2 days. Some of us have family and job to handle during the week. So much for that wonderful warranty coverage.
I’ve had electrical issues with with 2021 Laramie, broken wires, my dealer told me it’s a common issue! At my 4 visit for this same issue, I demanded a car to drive, after taking a day and a half off work. I also told them this is your last attempt to fix this issue, or you know what, as I’ve been down that road once already😩 it was fixed by noon that day! I’ve had issues with my 19 ram and now the 21, it’s very frustrating when we pay this much and we have issues that are not resolved in a timely manner. Kindly ask for a car to and I hope they can fix it right away, but I wouldn’t hold your breath👍🏻 These trucks are very nice, when they work properly!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they have it overnight they have to give you a rental, I am not sure where you can find that in writing. These trucks are junk, sorry to say .
Loaners are not a guarantee, especially since Covid😩

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2022 with Etorque? There is a RSU for that issue. Until its looked at there is no really knowing what is going on. Offer to pay for the rental, you get 5 days paid by warranty(I think), then when they look at it in 1-2 days it should all be covered(hopefully).

@yellowboy I don't think your opinion matters, its worthless actually. You would lie/cheat just to get what you want/think you need.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey there,

We'd love to see if we can help you with this, especially getting you a rental! Can you send us a DM so we can dig into this with you?

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread