5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Received another Uconnect update yesterday

MilehighRam

Reaction score
I forgot to snap a picture of the screen, but it was something to the effect of quality of life improvements and other things. Cant find out what it actually did.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like they've been working to get the 12" working better. At least they're still working on the uConnect 4.

Unfortunately no love for the 8.4" people.

K9cop

Reaction score
Snap a pic of your software version #.

Sent from my OnePlus 7t using Tapatalk

ktl5005

Reaction score
My 12” is like 3 updates behind. When I go to the website it tells me I’m up to date .8 sent a message to ramcares

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 12” is like 3 updates behind. When I go to the website it tells me I’m up to date .8 sent a message to ramcares

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recieved it too. It's the second I've received on my 2019

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I’m assuming I need an update? Do I have to go to the dealer for this or is this OTA? D5D31C3D-AA25-4E9D-AC5D-3ED132AC94C5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D6712CE-E9D7-482E-A1BB-78D65D553980.jpeg
    1D6712CE-E9D7-482E-A1BB-78D65D553980.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 62

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just received mine, but have no idea what actually changed yet. Unfortunately you need the Guardian service to see the change log...? I disabled that service immediately when I purchased. This was my first update since buying 3 months ago.
547ef0bd754ee586b9f924396cef7505.jpg

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I got the new update too and it seems to have broken my system because now nothing audio works, the volume is stuck at 3 and it wont even log into XMSirius, Guardian or call using the Assist button. Update happened yesterday and since then nothing... 20200530_122910.jpg

Last edited:

INVISBLE

Reaction score
Well I was looking up resetting the 12" radio and came across the holding down the VR and Phone buttons while turning the truck on to ACC method... and I will be damned but after 30 seconds the screen flashed on then off again and the Sirius radio and all the functions came back. SO YEA! No trip to the dealer for the monkeys there to mess with my radio after all. So weird.

But I do have an observation... So we have a "POWER" button and a "Screen OFF" button. Both do the same thing, the power button does not turn the power off, it only makes the screen turn off. So why do we need 2 buttons that do the same thing?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I was looking up resetting the 12" radio and came across the holding down the VR and Phone buttons while turning the truck on to ACC method... and I will be damned but after 30 seconds the screen flashed on then off again and the Sirius radio and all the functions came back. SO YEA! No trip to the dealer for the monkeys there to mess with my radio after all. So weird.

But I do have an observation... So we have a "POWER" button and a "Screen OFF" button. Both do the same thing, the power button does not turn the power off, it only makes the screen turn off. So why do we need 2 buttons that do the same thing?
My Power button shuts off the stereo. Doesn’t yours?

AlphaRebel

Reaction score
After this latest update I have completely lost my Sirius XM......I was hoping it would eventually fix itself but it hasn't. I have to drop it off at the dealer next wednesday.

AlphaRebel

Reaction score

Whats this method do??? Were you. missing the Sirius XM altogether?? What is the VR and phone button method do?? What is VR?? Thanks for the feedback!

K9cop

Reaction score

Screen off only does exactly what it sounds like. It turns off the screen. The radio is unaffected by this. The power button on the other hand turns off the radio, screen, navigation, etc. Think of it like a smartphone. Turning off the screen keeps everything running in the background. Turning the phones power off shuts down everything including the screen.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I’m not sure my 12” Uconnect is on the latest software (2019 Limited), but when I logged in the website said I was, however the website acts like I have the smaller 8” screen.? Anyhow, it’s working to my satisfaction so I’m reluctant to have the dealer do anything to it. The GPS claims it’s up to date, but I find that hard to believe. I live on an island so admittedly it’s not a big deal, but to me I simply like things current.

Nothing I can do about features that require SiriusXM, as that isn’t available in Hawaii. I knew that going in so no big deal, but still sucks.

Attachments

• 1C16024B-F601-43E7-9132-7A19D446174A.jpeg
    1C16024B-F601-43E7-9132-7A19D446174A.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online