5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall: Tailgates coming open

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife was just talking to me about this. No TSB released for it yet though?

hogger

Reaction score
Anyone know if the mopar database is already up to date with this? Just ran my VIN and it came back no recalls.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if the mopar database is already up to date with this? Just ran my VIN and it came back no recalls.
Read the notification letter. Dealers were notified Dec 8th. Owner letters will be sent Jan 27th

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have always pushed mine shut (not slam) and listen for both clicks, so not worried, but will see what additional info might be in future recall letter and/or TSB. :cool: Thanks for posting. (y)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Will they be repairing dents and replacing lost cargo for those previously affected?

Rebond

Reaction score
From the comments at the bottom of the page ---

View attachment 145980

edit: This comment is from the author of the article.
I run with a tonneau cover to protect from prying eyes and honest thieves. My bed is usually packed with tool boxes and misc. construction supplies. It's so irrating that people assume we aren't hauling anything.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have always pushed mine shut (not slam) and listen for both clicks, so not worried, but will see what additional info might be in future recall letter and/or TSB. :cool: Thanks for posting. (y)
I wish I could shut and not slam mine.
If I don't slam my tailgate it doesn't register as closed.

I have had other trucks I can just gently push in and it closes and locks, but this one will close and lock but digitally register as not shut for some reason.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
I wish I could shut and not slam mine.
If I don't slam my tailgate it doesn't register as closed.

I have had other trucks I can just gently push in and it closes and locks, but this one will close and lock but digitally register as not shut for some reason.
You and me both. I sprayed some dry lock lube on the latches today hoping it would take care of (or at least help) the issue. I guess we'll see once it works it's way around the mechanism in a couple of days.

I did not have this issue with my old 2019 Laramie. Then again, I had a regular tailgate vs the multi-function one I have now. Not sure if it makes a difference.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish they would activate the tailgate ajar warning on the dash. as shown on my build sheet with this recall. Others have activated the warning with the alfabod tool, as noted in previous threads.
You could activate it with alfaObd. Getting the dealer to do it will be difficult. I don't think it was an option on the Bighorn trim levels in 2020

Users who are viewing this thread