5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall notice for backup cameras

airgas1998

Reaction score
surprised this isn't more common of a topic...just got my recall letter so how do i update via ota???

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it will automatic push OTA by FCA, nothing we can do on our end, mine already done by dealer.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
just had this issue for the first time today. had to disconnect the battery to get access to my 12 in screen

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't had an issue with mine yet. I did see it happen on my previous truck though (2017 Rebel, 8.4 w/ nav). Haven't received a recall letter for this so far. I get that the feds require this to happen, but I find it amusing that they think people are so easily distracted that we'll all crash if the back-up camera stays on for more than 10 seconds. Yet it's perfectly fine to have other things displayed on the screen. You just can't fix stupid I guess. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What I find funny is, you will still be able to turn the rear camera on while driving forward, so what are they worried about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online