5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Style Fender Flares for Big Horn

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you do not have the option of ordering RAM Rebel fender flares due to the lower front fascia/bumper/grill being a different size. But you still want the smooth fender flare that does not have to be painted and do not want the larger riveted look.
Has anyone found any vendors that have stepped up to the plate to address this segment of the market.
If not what other options are out there?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can order the factory fender flares off of the Laramie or Limited. They will fit on the Big Horn as well. A few people here have done it.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can order the factory fender flares off of the Laramie or Limited. They will fit on the Big Horn as well. A few people here have done it.
Wouldn't I have to paint them if I order the factory flares?

Was wanting to have the Matte Black or Black plastic look that matches the tow mirrors.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't I have to paint them if I order the factory flares?

Was wanting to have the Matte Black or Black plastic look that matches the tow mirrors.
I believe the way they come is kind of a flat/matte black that is ready to paint but that also could be used as is. I believe somebody here put them on without painting them. You’d have to search through some posts. I’m on mobile at the moment so can’t look for it easily.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I purchased and currently have the factory flares on my big horn. I painted to match, if you plan on having the “matte” look I would recommend you spray paint it with something else if you don’t the stock finish it comes with scratches way too easy. Transport from my home to shop scratched them lol.

And you will also have to modify the flares, in short you will have to cut all the clips that come on the flares and then add double sided tape to them.
Check the thread above you will find a lot of info

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the way they come is kind of a flat/matte black that is ready to paint but that also could be used as is. I believe somebody here put them on without painting them. You’d have to search through some posts. I’m on mobile at the moment so can’t look for it easily.
I stopped by the Dealership today and ordered a set of factory fender flares. I will let you know how it goes.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased and currently have the factory flares on my big horn. I painted to match, if you plan on having the “matte” look I would recommend you spray paint it with something else if you don’t the stock finish it comes with scratches way too easy. Transport from my home to shop scratched them lol.

And you will also have to modify the flares, in short you will have to cut all the clips that come on the flares and then add double sided tape to them.
Check the thread above you will find a lot of info
Thanks for the information. I saw a product called plasti-dip that comes in a matte black. I was thinking about trying that out. If I do not like it I can always peel it off.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I saw a product called plasti-dip that comes in a matte black. I was thinking about trying that out. If I do not like it I can always peel it off.

To be honest I wouldn’t waste my time with plasti dip on the flares I would do a more “permanent” spray on them. There’s is many spray cans out there and shouldn’t be bad as you can’t really mess them up.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plasti dip can be awesome. Not a permanent solution and typically can’t stand up to much abuse but is easy to touch up. Not sure how it would hold up on the flares. Spray it on thick and multiple layers. You could always spray them with bed liner.

Taz

Reaction score
I believe Bushwacker OE-Style is coming soon.They already have Extend-A-Fender smooth style which are 2.6" extra coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread