5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel front license plate bracket ideas

ALT_F13

Reaction score
I'm tired of scraping front license bracket on my Rebel. It reduces max approach angle a lot, and in the cab I don't know if I'm scratching surface with this disposable bracket, or with front skid plate.
Any ideas or examples how it can be modified to stick out less and still look OEM? photo_2021-09-11_19-38-26.jpg

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I'm tired of scraping front license bracket on my Rebel. It reduces max approach angle a lot, and in the cab I don't know if I'm scratching surface with this disposable bracket, or with front skid plate.
Any ideas or examples how it can be modified to stick out less and still look OEM? View attachment 105322
This is what I used and it’s held up great and is nice and flush.

sep1006

Reaction score
Does your still state require a front plate? Mine does ( Texas ) but I've never had it on and don't plan on it. Most cops won't even bother with pulling you over for this but obviously I could still get a ticket.

IMG_1478.jpg

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
In California the cops will pull you over for anything. I seen some plates that are a vinyl and lay flush to th body/bumper idk how I feel about it though maybe might work in your situation for approach angles

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The holes in the license plate line up perfectly with the holes in the skid plate. I bent the plate a little so it goes with the curvature of the skid plate, threw some bolts through it and put a nut on the back.

After mine got knocked off once, I never threitthe bracket back on there or bothered buying a new one.

20210523_192617.jpg 20210912_214322.jpg

ALT_F13

Reaction score
The holes in the license plate line up perfectly with the holes in the skid plate. I bent the plate a little so it goes with the curvature of the skid plate, threw some bolts through it and put a nut on the back.

After mine got knocked off once, I never threitthe bracket back on there or bothered buying a new one.

View attachment 105386 View attachment 105387
Thanks, I've also decided to get rid of the bracket and just bolt the license plate to the skid directly.

breeno

Reaction score

View attachment 105386 View attachment 105387
Thanks for this! I’m gonna go this route in addition to just pulling the plate off when I’m off-roading.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Just 2 bolts for a license plate from Amazon, dual-sided duct tape in the bottom and a hammer to bend the license plate so it doesn't stick from the bumper. Drove 2,500 miles like that with no issues. Now I've reached the next bottleneck during off-roading which is the bumper itself. But I wouldn't even get that far with the license plate bracket hanging so low.

I'm very happy with the result :) 20210919_232830235_iOS.jpg

DSN46

Reaction score
I just fabbed up a quick-mount out of flat aluminum bar stock I had laying around. I think it worked out pretty well. Keeps that plate up out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_8707 resized.jpg
    IMG_8707 resized.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8708 resized.jpg
    IMG_8708 resized.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread