5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Bilstein 3-mode adaptive suspension

Jcan_422

Reaction score
Has anyone else wondered why Ram doesn’t have an upgraded adaptive damping suspension on their trucks like the hellcats do?
I can go from a smooth plush ride to an extremely stiff setting with the 3-mode suspension in the hellcat. It’ll make sense to do something like this for a Rebel to get a nice comfortable ride on the road and then have a stiffer set up for the trails. For me, the factory Bilsteins are pretty harsh. The roads in Houston aren’t the greatest and the stock suspension doesn’t soak up the bumps like I’d hope. I’m sure Bilstein could whip up struts/shocks with different modes like a street mode where it’s super soft, and then an off road mode where it stiffens up. I know, the ultimate goal is to obviously have a suspension like the TRX in there, but I’m wondering why Ram hasn’t at least added that flexibility in their suspension since the hellcats have had it since 2015.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because their engineers wasted all their time and effort on the ridiculous air suspension. Only a small percentage of Rebels come with a mechanical suspension so they would not bother with an upgraded suspension for those. You'll have to do it on your own.

Jcan_422

Reaction score
Because their engineers wasted all their time and effort on the ridiculous air suspension. Only a small percentage of Rebels come with a mechanical suspension so they would not bother with an upgraded suspension for those. You'll have to do it on your own.
Yeah, that’s probably true. At most of the dealers around me, they mostly had rebels with coils. I didn’t even get the test drive an air suspension one, but kinda glad I didn’t because I would have probably been tempted to go since I had little knowledge about them at the time. Hopefully these Fox 2.5 will get the comfort I’m looking for on the road

Belacyrf

Reaction score
I purposely ordered a rebel without air. Just not worth the issues. Would love to see an aftermarket setup featuring Fox's live valve for the RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread