5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel Audio Upgrade

Daaahviddd

Reaction score
I've got the 2019 ram rebel v8 e torque with 9 speaker audio. I was trying to access the subwoofer I believe it's behind the rear passenger seat or below it. Is there a mechanism to remove the seat I know its different than the other 2019 1500s. or where is the Sub located? Also what would be the most cost effective way to improve the audio?
Can the subwoofer simply be swapped for a better one? Can the existing amplifier be swapped for a better one? The reason I ask is I got a quote from a local car stereo shop and he got over my head fast $2500 for a new pair of subwoofers with a separate amp that would require unplugging the noise cancelling microphones used for audio.

Daaahviddd

Reaction score
What source are you mainly using?
I want to use the stock system just swap into a better quality subwoofer driver and swap the amplifier if necessary/possible. I mostly listen to music using CarPlay. I would rather not add boxes amps as that is quite expensive.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Have you made sure your surround setting is off, and play around with the controls? I have spent countless dollars on audio over the years, and I am quite happy with the Alpine, I have had 5 Rams with it!

Daaahviddd

Reaction score
I’ll try your suggestion to turn surround sound off, for some reason I thought It would sound better with surround on.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Also, make sure you arent using any fake equalization from your source, I've found a great way to ruin music is by turning on one of Apple's several different crappy eq options!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Surround really depends on your ears and what source you are listening to. Sirius for example, you’ll see surround is dimmed so that you can’t choose. I believe Sirius has it on by default due to the sound of the base. Most likely because of their low compression rates.

Talk radio, I like surround off so that it doesn’t sound like everyone in the room is sitting center on my dash.

CarPlay / iPhone Audio, I like surround on as it creates better separation......but I am a bit queen so my lowest bit audio I use is 320kbps. The same MP3 files on a USB however do not sound as good and I prefer surround off when using that source. I assume because when using CarPlay it uses the phone’s DAC and not the head unit.

I have yet to try a CD, I’d have to go into the dungeon ;) and find some as it’s been many years since I listened to a CD but I would assume that surround on would probably sound better as it is CD quality resolution.

FWIW, my Bass and Mid is flat, tweeter +2. If you take the bass above flat, surround starts sounding way too boomy.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
Very good points. I consider myself a semi-audiophile and am still amazed when I hear complaints about the Alpine. I have a 2013 Porsche Boxster with the Bose, and I was very unhappy with the system, and saw all kinds of people complaining.....until I dug a little deeper and found how to dial it in, and one of those was getting it off surround. The system turned from disappointing into quite impressive! Oh, if you think Sirius sounds bad in a Ram, you should hear it in a Porsche! I recommend streaming Sirius from your phone, you will like the sound MUCH better. After all, we do get free streaming for a year

Users who are viewing this thread