5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel well liner

gatorrage

Reaction score
I have searched numerous websites looking for a wheel well liner. It looks as though there is a piece missing. I have noticed this on pics of other Bighorn models. Any idea where I could find this piece?

Attachments

• 20200830_094454.jpg
    20200830_094454.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 302

jastevenson

Reaction score
If you paid to buy them, and they forgot to install part of it, ask the dealer to fix it for free.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The upper part is optional on most of our trucks, $195... Parts are roughly the same from the dealer if it concerns you that much. Living in the snow belt, I found it necessary to add to my truck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check that build sheet to confirm I know its something close to a $200 add on. Its not factory.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gatorrage

Reaction score
Bought with 5000 miles on it.
It bothers me now because once I noticed it wasn't there that's all I can focus on now. I might just paint it with Herculiner.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is no "upper" part missing on your truck. that is a part of the base configuration unless your truck optioned for the $195 FULL WHEELHOUSE LINERS. A totally stupid move by FCA to make them like that, but it a gain on their side for "accessories/add-ons".
The replacement part comes in the FULL wheelliner, and is $195 for the set.
You have to remove the ones that are there, and replace them with the full liner. this is a video about how to replace them. I had the part #'s but can't locate them. There is a different part number for the left and right.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have searched numerous websites looking for a wheel well liner. It looks as though there is a piece missing. I have noticed this on pics of other Bighorn models. Any idea where I could find this piece?
As the others have said, it's an option. The original buyer of this truck didn't opt for the rear wheelhouse liners, so it only has the smaller front and rear pieces. The full wheelhouse liners are one piece, so you'd need to remove the pieces you have in order to install them. Seems like a silly thing to make an option, and should have been standard.

Edit: looks like Greg beat me to it LOL

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it bothers you spray it with some undercoating material until you pickup the full liners. Unfortunately the contrast on white trucks really makes it stick out.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

GregHBNA

Reaction score
If you go with the full liners as a set, when you remove the ones in place, remember you have to seperate the back one and keep it during reinstallation because it has the clips. I think you will need two additional screws as well.
There are TWO video's on youtube that will take you step by step.

GregHBNA

Reaction score
That is what I did on a previous truck. I just got some of that Rustoleum undercoating.
I scratched the paint on the wheelwell before it sprayed so it would stick better.

If it bothers you spray it with some undercoating material until you pickup the full liners. Unfortunately the contrast on white trucks really makes it stick out.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Krylon Flat-Black...and you're done! lol
Not sure Krylon will hold up well over the long term. If you ever drive on gravel you might want to use something a little more durable like bed liner. Any spray coating can make a mess so you'll want to do a good job of masking off anything you don't want to possibly get over spray on.

Sacredgrooves

Reaction score
I just bought mine Friday and it did not have the liners. I made the dealer install them as part of the negotiation. They cost around $90 and take about an hour to put in. Salesman tried to tell me labor was $800 lol. I believe someone on this forum made a video on YouTube showing how to install, pretty easy job really (and thanks for that!). With that said, full liners should come stock on trucks period imo. Fluid film will be next, used that on my Wrangler and after 17,000 miles when sold, undercarriage was absolutely perfect (I am in the south though).

GregHBNA

Reaction score
They're like $90 each if you were to buy one. The window sticker said $195 for the set.

I posted the YOUTUBE video link above. There are two of them that I seen.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Read this post and had to go look for myself...mine is a big horn (‘20) and it looks like it’s one solid piece
18c18f6bc61d19dd8455d83f4092d1c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Did you put the Duratrac's on yourself?

Oddly enough, those liners look like the ones on the Classic models.

Read this post and had to go look for myself...mine is a big horn (‘20) and it looks like it’s one solid piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought them from Rock Auto here are the part #’s
68275910AB liner
68275911AB liner
6510175AA this is the extra hardware you need

I believe I paid just under $160 all in with shipping

Users who are viewing this thread