5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear View Mirror Assembly

Tagaru

Reaction score
I see this gap in the rearview mirror assembly on the windshield when viewed from the passenger side.
I have included images from both the passenger and driver side. Does not look normal to me. Anyone else seeing this in their trucks? Thinking about taking it to the dealership to get this looked at.
This is 2021 Limited.
Passenger side image:
RV_Assy_Pssg.jpg
Driver side Image
RV_Assy_Drvr.jpg

Tagaru

Reaction score
I did. it is stiff and won't budge.
Didn't want to risk breaking it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

LakesAZ

Reaction score
I have a different setup than you but mine is tight against the windshield. I would schedule a dealer visit and let them fix it. Definitely that is not normal.

Daverous

Reaction score
Pops on and off with a couple clips. Yours isn't seated. I can see the clips in the picture. Mine did the same thing due to a misrouted wire. Check out the "radar hard wire" thread for some great photos on how it comes apart and goes together. 2 minute job to fix.

Skater

Reaction score
Daverous is right. I hard wired my radar into my windshield wiper sensor in there. I took my cover off a couple of times. Yours is just not fully seated. You could have a wire blocking it from seating properly. Check out the radar hard wire thread.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Which camera is that one? And where did you tie it in?
Blackvue DR750X and ran the wires straight across the headliner, down the A-pillar and fuse tapped them into the fuse panel. There is a nice ground screw right where you remove the plastic panel under the steering column that gives you access to the fuse panel. I can tell you what fuses I used, but they are also in another thread that has pics of their location. Let me know if you need more detail or PM me and we can talk via phone.

www.thedashcamstore.com
www.blackboxmycar.com

spg993tt

Reaction score
evening. i have 2021 3500 longhorn limited. i opened up that panel just under the steering column, removed the 2 screws with a 7mm socket wrench. and just pulled the panel away. easy to get in there. but i couldnt find any 'fuse blocks' in there. there were some coonectors and there are a few hot terminals, but they are fully hot, direct to the battery. so the radar would keep ticking away after you shut the motor and exit the car. if you were looking underneat, on the right, tucked in there is a block of connectors basically against the center console (the radio would be to the right of them). there is a connector with switched/ignition power, i could just pushing a pin int tha or tapping that wire, but its hard to get in there to get to the wire....
am i missing something? does any one else wiht aa limited or laramie have a fuse panel/box under that panel beneath their wheel? who makes a good connector that i can just push into the back of that existing connector for power,? id have to wire in a fuse and run it up to the radar. btw, i think you can very easily run that telco cable under the dash over to the A pillar, and just pull back the rubber seal and run it up the seal without having to pull panels on that side.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
evening. i have 2021 3500 longhorn limited. i opened up that panel just under the steering column, removed the 2 screws with a 7mm socket wrench. and just pulled the panel away. easy to get in there. but i couldnt find any 'fuse blocks' in there. there were some coonectors and there are a few hot terminals, but they are fully hot, direct to the battery. so the radar would keep ticking away after you shut the motor and exit the car. if you were looking underneat, on the right, tucked in there is a block of connectors basically against the center console (the radio would be to the right of them). there is a connector with switched/ignition power, i could just pushing a pin int tha or tapping that wire, but its hard to get in there to get to the wire....
am i missing something? does any one else wiht aa limited or laramie have a fuse panel/box under that panel beneath their wheel? who makes a good connector that i can just push into the back of that existing connector for power,? id have to wire in a fuse and run it up to the radar. btw, i think you can very easily run that telco cable under the dash over to the A pillar, and just pull back the rubber seal and run it up the seal without having to pull panels on that side.
Where does your owners manual say your interior fuse panel is? Have you even looked at your manual? You can learn a lot from that little book.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
This is your fuse box location:

Ram Fuse Box Location.PNG

p1.PNG

spg993tt

Reaction score
yes, of course, i read the manual, but it doesnt show any interior fuse panels and not one under the steering column. there is a compartment there many refer to, but i dont see a panel or fuse block#66 which is also often referred to. Thanks. im referring to i think a host of folks who said they popped the panel under the steering wheel inside the cabin, and used fuse block 66 for radar or dash cams.

Where does your owners manual say your interior fuse panel is? Have you even looked at your manual? You can learn a lot from that little book.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
yes, of course, i read the manual, but it doesnt show any interior fuse panels and not one under the steering column. there is a compartment there many refer to, but i dont see a panel or fuse block#66 which is also often referred to. Thanks. im referring to i think a host of folks who said they popped the panel under the steering wheel inside the cabin, and used fuse block 66 for radar or dash cams.
But you have a 3500 my friend... they are different than the 1500 trucks.........

spg993tt

Reaction score
But you have a 3500 my friend... they are different than the 1500 trucks.........
so yes, asking if anyone knows if there is a fuse panel in the 3500 inside the cab or perhaps they have the Aux wire or 2 fed into th cabin? i looked on the 3500 forum, couldnt find anything, this 1500 forum was the closest.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
so yes, asking if anyone knows if there is a fuse panel in the 3500 inside the cab or perhaps they have the Aux wire or 2 fed into th cabin? i looked on the 3500 forum, couldnt find anything, this 1500 forum was the closest.
You don't have a cabin fuse box, Only the engine-compartment fuse box.
You can use the 12v feed in your rear-view mirror connector to power small things like a dash cam or a radar detector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/