5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear spacer?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I originally bought the Readylift leveling kit with new upper control arms. I didn't measure but from what I have gathered it really only lifts the front by 1.5" instead of the full 2" so I am thinking about swapping it out. Wanting to go to the Motofab 3" spacer and then also bring up the rear just a little.

I am having trouble finding rear spacers, but it appears that some from the 4th gens will work. Most of what I am finding though is the spacers that go on the bottom of the rear spring instead of the top. How good are these? I have not seen anything except the spacers that go at the top before I started looking.

Ideally, I would only want to raise the rear 1" but the lowest Motofab makes is a 1.5" spacer. If the Readylift spacer really only lifted 1.5" then I figure that would be ok since I would be raising the truck 1.5" all the way around.

Looking at using this - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161712601517

Thoughts? Anybody here use this type of spacer in the rear?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
I originally bought the Readylift leveling kit with new upper control arms. I didn't measure but from what I have gathered it really only lifts the front by 1.5" instead of the full 2" so I am thinking about swapping it out. Wanting to go to the Motofab 3" spacer and then also bring up the rear just a little.

I am having trouble finding rear spacers, but it appears that some from the 4th gens will work. Most of what I am finding though is the spacers that go on the bottom of the rear spring instead of the top. How good are these? I have not seen anything except the spacers that go at the top before I started looking.

Ideally, I would only want to raise the rear 1" but the lowest Motofab makes is a 1.5" spacer. If the Readylift spacer really only lifted 1.5" then I figure that would be ok since I would be raising the truck 1.5" all the way around.

Looking at using this - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161712601517

Resurrecting this because depending on how my truck measures when it comes in, I may want to raise the rear as well - so I literally have the same question(s) about the rear. My garage is a bit of a nontraditional 7' as I only have about 82"-82.5" of vertical room due to the lip of the concrete at entry. I already have the RL UCAs as well (got a paint-blem set dirt cheap), and based on the front-to-back rake I'll be faced with from the factory, I plan to level it out with spacers in front, or might go 3" in front and raise the rear a bit (if I have room).

So in addition to ksn240's questions above, are there any negatives to doing the 3" front lift all with strut-top spacer as opposed to a combination of strut-top and in-strut spacer like the RL 3.5" kit has? Seems like less of a hassle for install to not have to break down your strut, but also worried about angles.

Are there track bar considerations? (3.5" kits don't seem to have this as a problem so I'm thinking no).

And is the bump stop pad extension bracket really needed for 1" rear lift?

Last edited:

rsonedecker

Reaction score

Not sure if you're still looking for rear kits, but it appears that motofab does make a DR-1R 1" rear kit (see it on sites including amazon), and there are also kits from Top Gun Customz (top mount spacer) in .75", 1", and 1.5" - though they only list it for up to 2018 - I have an email out to see if they have tested for 2019.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good info on this thread, also curious if anyone knows of a 2 or 2 1/2” spacer for the bottom of the rear spring that would work on the new DT’s. Might cure my in coil air bag problem!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good info on this thread, also curious if anyone knows of a 2 or 2 1/2” spacer for the bottom of the rear spring that would work on the new DT’s. Might cure my in coil air bag problem!
I believe the whole spring setup is the same as 4th gens so any of them should work.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I
I believe the whole spring setup is the same as 4th gens so any of them should work.
I thought the same but installer tried yesterday with a 2” block and said it wasn’t quite the same. Has anyone actually installed a 4th gen rear coil lower lift block on a 5th gen? Maybe I need a new installer or find time somehow to do it myself.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I

I thought the same but installer tried yesterday with a 2” block and said it wasn’t quite the same. Has anyone actually installed a 4th gen rear coil lower lift block on a 5th gen? Maybe I need a new installer or find time somehow to do it myself.
http://performancelifts.com/suspension-lifts/dodge/2019-dodge-ram-1500-2wd.html

The ones from CST claim to fit the all new 2019. It is also included in their spindle lift kit for the 2wd 2019s. Wulf Suspensiom also has rear blocks that go on the bottom for the new 2019s and they appear to be the exact same as previous years.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

rosedaleny806

Reaction score
Pulling this up once again! Has anyone confirmed if the TopGunz .75" works? or does anyone have a 1/2" they found??? Thanks!!!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pulling this up once again! Has anyone confirmed if the TopGunz .75" works? or does anyone have a 1/2" they found??? Thanks!!!

This is the only 1/2" I have seen it works like a cup to secure the spring versus a stud that holds the center of the spring. The 5th gen rear springs appear to be the same as the 4th gen. I used a 1" spacer for a 4th gen and it worked fine pretty easy to install. Street rays ebay special was like 24 dollars for the pair shipped.

Attachments

• 20190719_091450.jpg
    20190719_091450.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 450

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At what height is a track bar adapter needed in the back? I know the mopar lift comes with one at 2" but what about a 1" lift. Does that need a track bar extension?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At what height is a track bar adapter needed in the back? I know the mopar lift comes with one at 2" but what about a 1" lift. Does that need a track bar extension?
I raised the rear 1" with a spacer, didn't touch the track bar and have no issues. I did swap out the rear shocks for a set off a truck with the ORG which did improve the ride at the rear over the standard rear shocks.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I raised the rear 1" with a spacer, didn't touch the track bar and have no issues. I did swap out the rear shocks for a set off a truck with the ORG which did improve the ride at the rear over the standard rear shocks.

Would you be able to share the rear part numbers with me? I would like to replace the shocks as well with ORG shocks if i throw a spacer on it.

Buster468

Reaction score
I just installed the top gun customs .75 top spacer on my 19 ram
Everything seems to be the same as my 17 ram
Ive got a set of the .75 TGC top spacers that i had for my 14 ram but never used! Its hard to believe it will actually lift rear 3/4”!! Did you actually get 3/4” on yours?? Thanks

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently added a MotoFab 2” front kit, and my truck is almost perfectly level, there is like 1/4-1/2” rake. If I put anything in the bed I lose the rake. With my camper and WDH hooked up I’m still too low for my liking. I’m adding a 1” spacer for the rear that should be here later this week, I think it will put me right where I want to be. I didn’t want much more than a 2 “ lift for the front and decided to just slap the $35 MotoFab top hats in until Bilstein ones out with something.

This is the rear spacer I ordered that another forum member used and it fit just fine.

Last edited:

Jh1982jh

Reaction score
It does lift it 3/4”
You basically get a 1/4” from the thickness of the metal
And you gain a 1/2” cause it doesn’t let the spring sing into the metal housing from the factory
It sits flush with it
Kinda hard to explain
Don’t laugh at pics
Ive got a set of the .75 TGC top spacers that i had for my 14 ram but never used! Its hard to believe it will actually lift rear 3/4”!! Did you actually get 3/4” on yours?? Thanks
C1F73BC4-2C49-4B05-9DB7-6F12F03FBE42.jpeg 2D4C3543-2CB7-42B8-94BE-B45818230D1C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread