5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Spacer and Towing Performance

JR2085

Reaction score
Does adding a rear spacer impact towing capabilities? I'm not interested in much, maybe an 1" or 2".

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You talking spring spacer or wheel spacers here?

Either way, neither will add to your ability, and at best, they just won't retract from it. I'd highly advise against not towing with wheel spacers at all, the engineer in me just gets the heebie jeebies from the thought of it, although I'm sure someone will chime in and say it's fine.

Spring spacer is just going to change your perception of "squat", but it actually won't change your spring rate at all, and therefore, do nothing other than change the ride height of your truck.

May I ask what you're trying to achieve with the spacer scenario?

JR2085

Reaction score
You talking spring spacer or wheel spacers here?

Either way, neither will add to your ability, and at best, they just won't retract from it. I'd highly advise against not towing with wheel spacers at all, the engineer in me just gets the heebie jeebies from the thought of it, although I'm sure someone will chime in and say it's fine.

Spring spacer is just going to change your perception of "squat", but it actually won't change your spring rate at all, and therefore, do nothing other than change the ride height of your truck.

May I ask what you're trying to achieve with the spacer scenario?
It would be a spring spacer. Just lifting it slightly, not looking for anything major. It's my wife's daily driver, so a major lift is out of the question. I just didn't want to hurt my towing capability should we go that route.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be a spring spacer. Just lifting it slightly, not looking for anything major. It's my wife's daily driver, so a major lift is out of the question. I just didn't want to hurt my towing capability should we go that route.

Are you just lifting the rear, or doing a level / lift up front too?

Users who are viewing this thread