5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear exit exhaust

theGOAT

Reaction score
I have a 1500 with a side exit exhaust. I really like the sound of the Borla Atak exhaust and would love to put it on my truck. Besides replacing the rear bumper, is there a way to get a rear exit exhaust to fit? I'm okay with small modifications but really dont want to cut the bumper or buy a new one. Thanks.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 1500 with a side exit exhaust. I really like the sound of the Borla Atak exhaust and would love to put it on my truck. Besides replacing the rear bumper, is there a way to get a rear exit exhaust to fit? I'm okay with small modifications but really dont want to cut the bumper or buy a new one.

It appears the S type is available as under the bumper option but I only see the ATAK listed as through the bumper. I would try contacting Borla to see what your options would be.

Last edited:

Hockeydad

Reaction score
I have a 1500 with a side exit exhaust. I really like the sound of the Borla Atak exhaust and would love to put it on my truck. Besides replacing the rear bumper, is there a way to get a rear exit exhaust to fit? I'm okay with small modifications but really dont want to cut the bumper or buy a new one. Thanks.
2 choices dump it right before the bumper or find a bumper in a salvage yard that has the indentations for exhaust tips

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be able to get away with just replacing the plastic trim on the bottom of the bumper as most of the cut out is in the plastic on the 5th gens.
1574032994517.png

Users who are viewing this thread