5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear diff leak (x-post)

Rodizzle

Reaction score
Hello everybody I'm relatively new to the forum. My 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn crew cab with only 5,100 miles and now it has a oil puddle in the driveway today. What drew my attention to the puddle was the gear smell from the oil, which is, as we all know, a very distinct odor. When I crawled underneath the truck and examined the rear differential, I noticed that it was leaking exactly where the drive shaft goes. Odd and unfortunate that a leak has developed at such an early stage. How frequent are these issues with the rear differential? I will visit the dealer and make an appointment. In the interim, I'll let it sit at home before causing any damage.
8190477bbc2ba7aab9f67a4157eb510c.jpg

fe34d0378dc5c8657f6df5afcf367fca.jpg

04b320990dddeec5d32f3dd2ddec5f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: c3k

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That stinks ;). Yours is the first I've heard of a brand new Ram leaking from the diff. Hopefully you have a good dealer who will diag and repair it correctly, not just run an impact on the pinion bolt, top off the fluid and call it a day.

Rodizzle

Reaction score
Yea it’s a bummer , I dropped it off right after my post .we’ll see what’s the outcome of the leak and their proposed fix .

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It may be little consolation to you right now, but that is a very minor and easily fixable seal replacement. Hope they get you taken care of quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread