5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Defrost Button

Camper

Reaction score
Can some one, explain to me please, what this button do in the track: 1570913565587.png
According to OM, button should do this:"
Push and release the Rear Defrost Control button to turn on the rear window defroster and the
heated outside mirrors (if equipped). An indicator will illuminate when the rear window defroster
is on. The rear window defroster automatically turns off after ten minutes."""
However, track do not have defrost wires, built into windows. Does it should turn some kind of fan , behind the rear seats?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Can some one, explain to me please, what this button do in the track: View attachment 37685
Push and release the Rear Defrost Control button to turn on the rear window defroster and the
heated outside mirrors (if equipped). An indicator will illuminate when the rear window defroster
However, track do not have defrost wires, built into windows. Does it should turn some kind of fan , behind the rear seats?
If you do not have the defrost strips on your rear glass then you do not have the rear defrost function.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your truck has the button. It has rear defrost. They wouldn't put it there if it didn't have it.

Damion

Reaction score
If there’s no defrost grid in the rear window but you have a button, it’ll turn on the heated mirrors.

My ‘16 was set up this way

dalailama23

Reaction score
Can some one, explain to me please, what this button do in the track: View attachment 37685
Mine is the same no rear window defrost but it turns on the heated side mirrors to defrost them. i felt i didn't need the rear window defrost on a truck with mirrors and usually if you have a sliding window it wont defrost anyway.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Does the part that slides have any defrost capability such as heating strips. i was told it doesn't only the sides so i left it out on my other truck?

VinnyRam

Reaction score
My rear window defrost button came on by itself when I put the truck in reverse. Is this normal ? Outside temp was 45 and no frost on rear window or mirrors.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rear window defrost button came on by itself when I put the truck in reverse. Is this normal ? Outside temp was 45 and no frost on rear window or mirrors.
Normal... it's hit'n'miss with the temperature sensitive equipment, but mine comes on pretty consistently once the snow arrives.

The Waco Kid

Reaction score
The rear defrost in my Track powers on with a remote start, regardless or exterior temp or button position at shutdown, or auto climate on/off. Usually. Was annoying....now I just go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread