5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear cabin noise 2019 Laramie Sport

GeoRam

Reaction score
Hey, all. I'm new to this thread, and decided to join to put in my experience thus far. I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4 in mid-December of 2018. Everything seems fine except for...wind noise from the rear passenger side. I took it to the local dealer a couple of weeks ago, and they kept it overnight, because they wanted to absolutely confirm what was going on. The next day, they told me the entire rear window needed to be replaced because of a bad seal. So, two weeks later (this week), the window is delivered, and I dropped the truck off on Tuesday and picked up yesterday. And the verdict is...new rear window, same noise, and they didn't connect the power when they did the window install, so now the rear window doesn't work, and probably the defrost too, but I haven't had to use it yet. I called the dealer after I got home, told them the problem, and they said I need to bring it back in. How convenient. So, I called the Ram customer service line and opened a case, and I guess I'll drop back off at the dealer next week. Obviously, the techs just estimated the general area where the noise was coming from, and just decided to try and see if an entire new rear window would fix it. Oddly enough, they told me that the exact same issue was happening with another 2019 Ram, and they were going to replace his entire rear window as well. I suspect he's a disappointed customer, too. I do not have the seal between the cab and the bed, so I will definitely mention this to them. Oh, and I'll be sure to remind them to get my rear window and defrost plugged in, as well. Unreal.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and glad to have you aboard!! Sorry to hear about your issues. I haven’t had any issues like that as of now. Please keep us informed. I want to say I’ve seen something to this natural floating around here. If you have t try and search for it.

GeoRam

Reaction score
Seal has been installed. Huge difference. Dealer also fixed rattling of the rear passenger door from HK sub. They installed some double sided adhesive foam in the door. I think opening a case through FCA corporate expedited these fixes. I still hear some wind noise at hwy speeds, but I live somewhere very windy, and I'm definitely listening harder for anything. I'm just glad it doesn't sound like my rear window is cracked as soon as I go over 15mph.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^if you look on the sides of the cab to bed area you see a seals on both sides. They add another like that just under the truck. Atleast that was the fix for mine

Users who are viewing this thread