5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Cab Vent Mod + Sound Deadener Material

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Weekend project with my Son. I had been chasing passenger rear window sound like it was open. This mod has helped tremendously. Next will be all doors will get same treatment when I replace 6x9 speakers. Highly recommend for a quieter cab.

Cab vents with Chase.jpg
Cab Vent Close Up.jpg
Box with Polyfill.jpg
Cab Vent with Box.jpg
Cab Vent Covered with Box and Sound Deadener.jpg
Seat Belt Opening.jpg
Finished Product.jpg

derp

Reaction score
You understand those vents have a purpose.
as I understand it those vents are baffles for equalizing the pressure felt from opening and closing the doors. as it appears in the pic the baffles aren't blocked off but are certainly covered with batting and dynamat.

I love the look of the execution, though I find that it is a bit beyond the scope of what I would need. I personally like a bit of noise from outside the cabin for cueing me into hazards.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

TimW451

Reaction score
OP, This might have been the source and solution to your noise:

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
OP, This might have been the source and solution to your noise:

Already did that. Did not help at all.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how many sheets did it take to do the area behind the seats? also did not see a sub on the rear of the cab, what sound system do you have in your truck?

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
how many sheets did it take to do the area behind the seats? also did not see a sub on the rear of the cab, what sound system do you have in your truck?

4 sheets. Factory 6 speaker sound system. Did this to reduce noise.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
4 sheets. Factory 6 speaker sound system. Did this to reduce noise.
If you watch the Noico video it appears you didn't install it properly. They want it all rolled down so the dimples go flat. Did you decide to not do that or was it in error?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weekend project with my Son. I had been chasing passenger rear window sound like it was open. This mod has helped tremendously. Next will be all doors will get same treatment when I replace 6x9 speakers. Highly recommend for a quieter cab.
How big are those vents? I will be installing Noico next week when I install my subs and am looking to do the same thing with the vents.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
If you watch the Noico video it appears you didn't install it properly. They want it all rolled down so the dimples go flat. Did you decide to not do that or was it in error?

I used a roller. If it doesn't look installed right I will take your word for it. It worked is all I know...

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I used a roller. If it doesn't look installed right I will take your word for it. It worked is all I know...
Wasn't meaning to offend. Honest question. I want to do the same thing to mine and trying to get all the details. Thanks

Scrambler

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing your solution as I will be doing it also. Question: Do the rear seats come out pretty easy? I haven't seen anything on the forum or anywhere else that mentions the seats folding down? Any special tools needed?

borden72

Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing your solution as I will be doing it also. Question: Do the rear seats come out pretty easy? I haven't seen anything on the forum or anywhere else that mentions the seats folding down? Any special tools needed?
I was looking at mine and there looks to be a torx bolt but I'm not sure what size. Maybe someone can chime in.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome mods!! Thank you. Something ill be looking into.
To touch back on the vents tho. Yes, for doors open & close that’s small issue. Their main purpose is for airbag(s) deployment. Rapid air displacement, pressure with a possible vacuum after.
im not bashing on the mod(s) just more to those then for the doors opening and closing

Users who are viewing this thread