5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Axle Swap

BONES55

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about the possibility of switching to a 4:10 Rear Axle Ratio in the 5th gen 1500s. Is it possible, and is it easy to do without costing many thousands of dollars. I want to feel as much power in the lower gears as possible.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Or a different truck… :p
On a serious note, if this is a 4WD vehicle (can’t tell since there’s no sig) I believe this require to also replace the front diff if I’m not mistaken.

BONES55

Reaction score
I have a 4×2 with a 3.92 ratio. Will it make a big difference switching to a 4.10 or a 4.56? All my driving is city and I rarely have it out on the highway. I only drive about 60 miles a week. Very short commute.

Betohemi661

Reaction score
I got a quote for $2050 parts and labor said its possible 4.10 gears and a trutrac i got a 3.21 4x2

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Being 2wd it’s easy and not that bad price wise... 4.10 will give you more lower end but youll
Notice it on the top end or lack there of lol.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
You’ll end up running about 2500+ RPMS at 60 with a 4.10. You won’t notice the 4.6% difference to a 3.92 as the traction control already limits torque on launch unless you turn it off all the time. You’d be better off dropping a slightly smaller tire diameter on for the same effect and same cost and not destroy resale.

For either option you’d need to reprogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betohemi661

Reaction score
You’ll end up running about 2500+ RPMS at 60 with a 4.10. You won’t notice the 4.6% difference to a 3.92 as the traction control already limits torque on launch unless you turn it off all the time. You’d be better off dropping a slightly smaller tire diameter on for the same effect and same cost and not destroy resale.

For either option you’d need to reprogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My big reason for doing a gear swap is because mine didn't come with the lsd so i get the one wheel burnouts in your opinion would it would it be worth it to add the lsd

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My big reason for doing a gear swap is because mine didn't come with the lsd so i get the one wheel burnouts in your opinion would it would it be worth it to add the lsd
The LSD does have clutches but it is not preloaded, not sure if you would be happy with the performance.

Users who are viewing this thread