5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear air bag recommendations?

Rjhagner

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered the airlift loadlifter 500 ultimate air bags for my 1500 but was told by the dealer that installing them would require cutting into the frame, thereby voiding my warranty. They are looking into alternatives but does anyone have a rec for airbags that do not require this?

Thanks in advance! This group always seems to have the answers! :)

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered the airlift loadlifter 500 ultimate air bags for my 1500 but was told by the dealer that installing them would require cutting into the frame, thereby voiding my warranty. They are looking into alternatives but does anyone have a rec for airbags that do not require this?

My dealer voided my warranty for adding air bags lol

Ram41313

Reaction score
Hi,

Timber groves

Viper67

Reaction score
No need to cut into the frame. They have the 5000 for 5th gen specifically. I installed mine two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rjhagner

Reaction score
No need to cut into the frame. They have the 5000 for 5th gen specifically. I installed mine two weeks ago.

Thanks for that info. Maybe it is only very recently available. Would you have the part # of the kit?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Even just loads in the bed or a quad hanging off the back, too much squat. Air bags level it up nicely, and thats important at night. These short beds can put payload weight behind the axle thus the leveling issue.

Viper67

Reaction score
Plus when the trailer isn’t level, it will help fishtail the trailer. You want to tow with a level a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread