5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift 3.5" SST or Zone Offroad 4" Lift Kit

tclapp0316

Reaction score
looking for some advice and feedback. First time truck owner and looking to lift my 2019 Ram 1500 (no air-ride) . I am torn between either the ReadyLift 3.5" SST or the Zone Offroad 4" lift kits. Main use of the vehicle is a daily driver. Will rarely see off-road... I plan on running 35 x 12.50 tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler or Toyo Open Country RT). The RL is much less expensive at $900 vs the Zone $1600. I know a lot of people on here have the RL 3.5" SST, just curious if anyone has the Zone 4" lift and what the feedback is? Also looking for recommendations as to what the best option is for what I will be doing with the truck daily.. i.e. Pavement Princess (LOL). The Zone kit look way more in depth and more of an actual lift vs. the RL which is just spacers and new control arms.

Any advice or feedback would be great... Picture are also appreciated!!!

TIA!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cannot speak on the Zone lift but I personally have no real complaints with the ReadyLift. I'm on the same size tire as you plan on running as well. I debated a budget option such as ReadyLIFT and Rough Country for awhile because I was very hesitant and was leaning towards a more expensive option. I ultimately decided on the ReadyLIFT because I got it for $750 from Amazon. I knew my truck was going to primarily be a daily driver and see very minimal time away from the pavement. I have no intentions of doing any serious off-roading. An occasional trail or two will be the extent of what I plan to do with this truck. That said, no regrets with the ReadyLift so far after 4k miles. The ride quality is still great in my opinion. I know the tires can have a lot to do with that and for reference, I'm on Kenda Klever RT's. My one and only complaint is that I have discovered a small squeak by my driver's side steer tire. I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet, but I assume it is something minor needing to be greased. While minimal, it can still be annoying lol. If I could go back would I purchase the ReadyLIFT kit again? Simple answer, Yes.

Here is a before and after.
14.jpg

tclapp0316

Reaction score
I cannot speak on the Zone lift but I personally have no real complaints with the ReadyLift. I'm on the same size tire as you plan on running as well. I debated a budget option such as ReadyLIFT and Rough Country for awhile because I was very hesitant and was leaning towards a more expensive option. I ultimately decided on the ReadyLIFT because I got it for $750 from Amazon. I knew my truck was going to primarily be a daily driver and see very minimal time away from the pavement. I have no intentions of doing any serious off-roading. An occasional trail or two will be the extent of what I plan to do with this truck. That said, no regrets with the ReadyLift so far after 4k miles. The ride quality is still great in my opinion. I know the tires can have a lot to do with that and for reference, I'm on Kenda Klever RT's. My one and only complaint is that I have discovered a small squeak by my driver's side steer tire. I haven't had a chance to dive into it yet, but I assume it is something minor needing to be greased. While minimal, it can still be annoying lol. If I could go back would I purchase the ReadyLIFT kit again? Simple answer, Yes.

View attachment 107818
Thanks @JBowman really appreciate your feedback and the picture! Great looking truck and the exact look I am going for!

tclapp0316

Reaction score
@JBowman What offset did you run on your wheels? I am looking to have mine stick outside the fender wheel 1-3" just curious what you have on yours. TIA

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@JBowman What offset did you run on your wheels? I am looking to have mine stick outside the fender wheel 1-3" just curious what you have on yours. TIA
-18 on mine. My truck is a big horn and does not have the factory fender flares. With that, I'd say mine stick out close to 2".

Iluvbitsie

Reaction score

View attachment 107818
Hi! Do you do any towing?

Iluvbitsie

Reaction score
Hey. I haven't towed with this setup yet. That is one area that I cannot provide feedback on with this configuration. I certainly plan to do some towing in the future, but have not done so yet.
Thanks for reply! Looking to do same but I tow a lot with my three horse bumper pull. Currently have 34 Toyota AT but time for new tires. Worried bout mpg loss which I know will be more unfortunately

Ruben705

Reaction score
@JBowman you think it could fit 37's? I'm debating RL with 37x11.5's. Won't really see a lot of off-roading just want the 37's to be different.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@JBowman you think it could fit 37's? I'm debating RL with 37x11.5's. Won't really see a lot of off-roading just want the 37's to be different.
No, not with just a 3.5” lift. Most with 37’s are on a 6” lift. I have seen one of the guys on FB claim to be on 37’s with a 3.5” lift (pic below), but his truck came with the factory off-road package and he also had several other modifications to help make it clear. Even then, I believe he said it still rubbed.

2FC91405-9906-4FDC-82C9-103763599809.jpeg

Ruben705

Reaction score
No, not with just a 3.5” lift. Most with 37’s are on a 6” lift. I have seen one of the guys on FB claim to be on 37’s with a 3.5” lift (pic below), but his truck came with the factory off-road package and he also had several other modifications to help make it clear. Even then, I believe he said it still rubbed.

View attachment 109143
Do you remember who that is? I debated going to that bumper and I have ORG.

horsepowerstephen

Reaction score

View attachment 107818
Can you post a side shot to show how much the tires are outside of wheel wells? I'm thinking of doing same lift and same wheels, the Rebels look sweet. I have essentially the same truck other than mine is ORP.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you post a side shot to show how much the tires are outside of wheel wells? I'm thinking of doing same lift and same wheels, the Rebels look sweet. I have essentially the same truck other than mine is ORP.

this isn’t completely straight on but close enough to give you an idea. Keep in mind I do not have factory fender flares so that will change the appearance some if you do.

Attachments

• E79958FA-76B7-488B-BD27-3D5DE7E7E198.jpeg
    E79958FA-76B7-488B-BD27-3D5DE7E7E198.jpeg
    682.1 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/