5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle noise when raising and lowering the lower section of rear seat

rldefelice

Reaction score
I own a 2019 Limited. I hear a rattle noise when I raise (just as it gets to the stopping point) and lower (just after I start to lower) the lower section (section you sit on) of the rear seat. This happens on both of the 60/40 sections, but is louder on the 40 section. There is a silver colored piece in the area where the noise is coming from and appears to be loose by design, but I don't know its purpose. I have attached a picture of the 40 section area in question. I've discussed with the service department manager to see if this is normal. He wouldn't say if this is normal, but they are going to replace the entire back seat (under warranty). I think they are going to replace the seat because they have made some mistakes during my recent service visits and they are trying to be responsive to my service needs. I'd rather not have to go though this work if it isn't necessary. Worried that other problems could surface when the service department starts taking things apart.

Anyone else experiencing the issue I described?

Thanks!

Rear Seat Hinge Picture.jpeg

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Interesting. In my opinion no dealer is going to replace a part that doesnt need replacing to satisfy you about a mistake they made elsewhere. You complained to them about the rattle and they are replacing the seat portion to remedy your complaint. Now you say you are not sure you want them to make the repair of the issue you complained about? Obviously it is important to YOU but to most people it may be minor. Sounds like they are being very responsive to a you about a minor issue ( i say minor because how often do you lift and lower the seat). One way to check if this is normal would be to do a search on the forum to see if others have reported the same.

In any case - it is a seat back - shouldnt' be much risk of doing it wrong. And you should be pleased that the dealer is doing the most to address your issue - vs saying its normal, going in and trying to tighten something (which may be an easy fix). Now if they do replace your seat back and the noise is still there then would you be satisfied. What if the new seatback color is slightly off because it is new vs your current seat which may be a year or so older?

Hope your issue gets solved to your satisfaction.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I own a 2019 Limited. I hear a rattle noise when I raise (just as it gets to the stopping point) and lower (just after I start to lower) the lower section (section you sit on) of the rear seat. This happens on both of the 60/40 sections, but is louder on the 40 section. There is a silver colored piece in the area where the noise is coming from and appears to be loose by design, but I don't know its purpose. I have attached a picture of the 40 section area in question. I've discussed with the service department manager to see if this is normal. He wouldn't say if this is normal, but they are going to replace the entire back seat (under warranty). I think they are going to replace the seat because they have made some mistakes during my recent service visits and they are trying to be responsive to my service needs. I'd rather not have to go though this work if it isn't necessary. Worried that other problems could surface when the service department starts taking things apart.

Anyone else experiencing the issue I described?

Thanks!

View attachment 46931

Hi rldefelice, please do not hesitate to send us a PM if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer.

My seat has the same rattle/clicking noise, happens with the seat down. Mainly does it when the ambient is around 40 to 50 degrees F.

Hi kapinallinen2, please let us know via PM if you decide to address this with your dealer. We are more than happy to support you through that process.

Mark
RamCares

spinxt

Reaction score
Same issue on my Laramie. Doesn’t seem to rattle during driving, but if this isn’t normal, I’d sure like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread