5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rant Post

d_THRILL

Reaction score
How many of you "slackers" are at work refreshing this page hoping for some RAM discussion!? I'm guilty! So here you go! I'll rant about what's on my mind with my very first RAM since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I was able to get a pretty killer deal on my truck. It was listed for $67k but the owner of the dealership was driving it around as his dealer car. So the car had 1600 miles on it. Sucks, but I knew it gave me an advantage when it came time to negotiate. And the fact that it had 1600 miles on it honestly didn't bother me so much knowing I would get the full warranty and discount and it's pretty much still a brand new truck. So I was able to work out an incredible deal on the actual price of the truck, got an extended bumper-to-bumper warrant for 6 years/125k miles, got a detail (expected, but not the greatest), fresh oil change and inspection sticker, and also worked in a roll-up tonneau cover and bed extender, both of which I'm finally getting on Friday (as well as a thorough detail to complete the sale). The salesman and dealership were great, but I heard the service department is horrible. Actually, I heard its worse than horrible. So I'm dreading having to take my truck there. Moving on, the truck itself is great. It's so smooth and I'm turning heads and receiving tons of compliments. The interior is like a luxury hotel I never want to leave. I'm not having any of the problems I'm reading few of you on here are having or had. Knock on wood (especially since I would likely have to deal with the service department). As far as disappointments go, my only let down was learning that the tow group eliminated power fold-in mirrors and 360 views from above (and now, possibly, the rear bumper step). While nice features, I'm sure I can live without that stuff. All in all, I'm a very happy customer and proud RAM owner. Happy to join you, folks. Back to work.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I’ll continue your rant. I hate this forum and I am beginning to hate my truck. All you guys are buying and doing neat things to your trucks, in turn, I am buying and doing neat things to my truck. Stop! It hurts! My wallet, ya know. ;)

Being a gear head it's a blessing and a curse. To not go bonkers on my Daytona is driving me nuts but I anticipate on trading it in 2.5 years for a kitty, so I don't want to sink money into something I'm not going to keep. On the other hand, it's on like Donkey Kong with the Rebel as we anticipate keeping it for a good amount of time.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start with small stuff...hitch cover, fuzzy dice and a Kleenex holder. Then move on to running boards, tint and tonneau covers. Finally, add a lift, new wheels, tires and exhaust. Remember, we’re here to help spend your $$.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah this forum is making me not want to spend the couple hundred dollars on parts and a few hundred on tires for my Dodge and instead go down to the Ram garage and buy some Duratracs attached to this thing called a Rebel.

Good problems to have.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Being a gear head it's a blessing and a curse. To not go bonkers on my Daytona is driving me nuts but I anticipate on trading it in 2.5 years for a kitty, so I don't want to sink money into something I'm not going to keep. On the other hand, it's on like Donkey Kong with the Rebel as we anticipate keeping it for a good amount of time.
I hate how Dodge has offered us so many choices, just as Ram offers a new one every few months now...hate that they expect me to be adult enough to decide between a 1320 angry bee, or feeding and clothing the kids.

Man I hate Dodge. Don't they know they shunned us Ram guys fromthe group.

Users who are viewing this thread