5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random text messages?

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
Hey all, Have seen this repeat a couple of times and wondering if any of you have had the same random weirdness going on. Here is the set up. Android phone connected via bluetooth to the uconnect system without having android auto on. So just the phone features. This has happened a few times where The car will tell me I have a text message from a contact in my phone yet the phone does not actually show a message from said person.

Exbibit A..lol...I have this message on the truck but nowhere in my phone and to my knowledge I haven't texted or talked to this person in probably at least a year.

Also today as well as other random times...I have received empty messages on the truck complete with a contact that is in my phone yet when I look at the phone there is nothing there. Nothing in spam folders or anything. It is a weird oddity.

Just thought I would see if anyone else has had any weird ghost messages like this with your trucks haha.

1651075193814.png

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey all, Have seen this repeat a couple of times and wondering if any of you have had the same random weirdness going on. Here is the set up. Android phone connected via bluetooth to the uconnect system without having android auto on. So just the phone features. This has happened a few times where The car will tell me I have a text message from a contact in my phone yet the phone does not actually show a message from said person.

Exbibit A..lol...I have this message on the truck but nowhere in my phone and to my knowledge I haven't texted or talked to this person in probably at least a year.

Also today as well as other random times...I have received empty messages on the truck complete with a contact that is in my phone yet when I look at the phone there is nothing there. Nothing in spam folders or anything. It is a weird oddity.

Just thought I would see if anyone else has had any weird ghost messages like this with your trucks haha.

View attachment 127878
Your post is old, but I just ran across it. Mine is not even a Ram right now, but I have a Durango, with UC5. Mine has done that the last few weeks. They weren't out of nowhere, I was receiving texts, but it would speak the name of another contact as texting me. Not every text either, just randomly, but probably a dozen times now. Just the other day though, the screen went black for about 30 seconds. When it came back on, about 15 minutes later, I got a message "service Uconnect Box" or something like that. I will be making a service appointment Monday.

slivoman

Reaction score
my 23 TRX does the same, my better half texts me and UC5 says is someone else

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2018 Ram Promaster City work van has done this before with text from my wife. I didnt play them in my van because I had other passenger with me, but when I looked at phone there was no message from her.

slivoman

Reaction score
I never had this issue with UC4 on the Limited, UC5 on the TRX does this unfortunately

23RAM

Reaction score
UC5 has a lot of issues.
The only issue I've had is the random screen changing when I start the truck. Sometimes it's on the App screen instead of the Home screen where it always sits. Other than that it works fine. I have the latest update, but it worked fine with the previous factory installed version too. Maybe a reset is needed for some systems that are acting wonky?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only issue I've had is the random screen changing when I start the truck. Sometimes it's on the App screen instead of the Home screen where it always sits. Other than that it works fine. I have the latest update, but it worked fine with the previous factory installed version too. Maybe a reset is needed for some systems that are acting wonky?
That never hurts. I do that every time something acts funny. Sort of like phones, I reboot at least once a week for them.

Users who are viewing this thread