5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox Owners I need your help!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I need to order a tailgate pad to carry multiple mountain bikes on the bed hung over the tailgate.

- Do you guys know how much of a gap is between the tailgate and the edge of the inner wall of the rambox when the tailgate is up? I am basically trying to understand if there is enough room to squeeze a tailgate pad between the gap and still close the tailgate easily.

- Also can someone tell me the width measurement from one end of the rambox to the other end? I am guessing most tailgate pads run the full width of a typical bed. I doubt they make a rambox specific one, so I might have to find a moving blanket or something from uHaul that fits the smaller width.

Thanks in advance for your help

Untitled-1.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, the tailgate gap is roughly .5" everywhere except between the tailgate and one area of the bed (black plastic area just to right of tip of your left arrow) and that is .25". It's the tightest because of that black plastic cap and the removeable panel on the tailgate which protrudes the most. I've got the factory bedliner also.

Here are the RamBox inside bed widths:
raised vertical rail to other side 50"
inside of BUG silver rail at narrrowest point 49"
inside of moveable BUG cleats 46.125"
inside of welded cleat 48.875"

TimG

Reaction score
OK, the tailgate gap is roughly .5" everywhere except between the tailgate and one area of the bed (black plastic area just to right of tip of your left arrow) and that is .25". It's the tightest because of that black plastic cap and the removeable panel on the tailgate which protrudes the most. I've got the factory bedliner also.

Concur with those measurements. I just checked mine and they were the same +/- an eighth or less.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Thank you so much for going these measurements @Edwards And @t_george77 ! Really appreciate your time and effort.

Looks like I'll have to figure out an alternative to the tail gate pads, none will fit the narrow width of the rambox. Bummer!

heliinstructor

Reaction score
Thanks @YoAdrian , but I'm not looking for bed rug :)

Just need a tail gate pad to hold my bikes..

Did you ever figure this out? I've just ordered the 2021 rebel with ram boxes. Dakine now makes the PICKUP PAD DLX CURVE that measures 55" for the small pad. I think is may work but not 100% sure. Would be great to know if anyone has found a pad that works with the ram boxes!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread