5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox on 6'4" Bed

dubasteins

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm looking to order my first Ram and wanted to find out if the RamBox will be available on a 6'4" bed. Different dealers around me seem to have different information or opinions. Does anyone know definitively? Thanks!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone knows definitely yet. But the best information I have seen is that they will be available with the launch of the 5th Gen HD. Sorry, that I know nothing for sure.

dubasteins

Reaction score
I don't believe anyone knows definitely yet. But the best information I have seen is that they will be available with the launch of the 5th Gen HD. Sorry, that I know nothing for sure.
Thanks for the info! It's something at least and may help others looking for the same information.

Ram0719

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out this out too. I wish someone from Ram would just say Ram has no plans to offer the RamBox for the 6'4" bed now or in the future. Or the RamBox will be offered but as late availability in 2019 for the 6'4" bed. Or the it will not be offered in the 2019 model, but in the 2020 model year. Who has connections to the higher ups? someone knows the answer

Rustydodge

Reaction score
It is coming. Has to be. Too many quad cab 1/2 tons and all the crew cab HDs are a lot of potential ramboxes to ignore. If HD is a 2020 model year then it should be for sale early 2019. I'd expect that would be the absolute latest that the 1/2 ton would be able to get a 6'4" rambox option. We've seen the HD test mulls running around so i think its already developed and ready.

I've always thought they should rambox the dually beds. Think of how giant that enclosed storage would be. And folks who need to buy a dually are much more likely to need the extra storage of items they don't want in their fancy cabs...

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out this out too. I wish someone from Ram would just say Ram has no plans to offer the RamBox for the 6'4" bed now or in the future. Or the RamBox will be offered but as late availability in 2019 for the 6'4" bed. Or the it will not be offered in the 2019 model, but in the 2020 model year. Who has connections to the higher ups? someone knows the answer

This! I am honestly impressed with how little information is coming out of FCA over the Rambox and etorque mysteries. Somewhere, there is an FCA lot security guard that wants to tell us about the 2500 parked Rams waiting for repair. These trucks are not exactly as easy to hide compared to when a new iPhone comes out.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It is coming. Has to be. Too many quad cab 1/2 tons and all the crew cab HDs are a lot of potential ramboxes to ignore. If HD is a 2020 model year then it should be for sale early 2019. I'd expect that would be the absolute latest that the 1/2 ton would be able to get a 6'4" rambox option. We've seen the HD test mulls running around so i think its already developed and ready.

I've always thought they should rambox the dually beds. Think of how giant that enclosed storage would be. And folks who need to buy a dually are much more likely to need the extra storage of items they don't want in their fancy cabs...

My thoughts exactly.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
This! I am honestly impressed with how little information is coming out of FCA over the Rambox and etorque mysteries. Somewhere, there is an FCA lot security guard that wants to tell us about the 2500 parked Rams waiting for repair. These trucks are not exactly as easy to hide compared to when a new iPhone comes out.

Pure speculation on my part, but with the big investor meeting coming up on June 1st i'm not surprised FCA news has been quiet. I'm hoping to hear more Ram truck specific stuff by mid June.

Users who are viewing this thread