5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox exterior panel separating from truck

PARebel

Reaction score
I went out to the truck a few days ago and found the rambox door (painted cover) Sticking out from the truck. Upon inspection I saw two of the little plastic tabs that hold the cover on the rambox were broken and this not holding the cover in place. I push it back together just fine but it will obviously move again given the tabs are cracked.

There is literally not a scratch on the truck, the rambox looks and functions perfectly outside of that. It is a 2020 rebel with an extended warranty.

Brought it to the dealer and got a lot of push back as it was an exterior component. I argued it was a defect and they were non committal.

I literally can’t think of a way this would have broken unless it was a defect. I suspect the cover is not properly aligned and there is pressure on the cover when it is closed. Over time I think this stress cracked the little tabs that hold the cover on. Again just a guess based on how it closes and aligns.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went out to the truck a few days ago and found the rambox door (painted cover) Sticking out from the truck. Upon inspection I saw two of the little plastic tabs that hold the cover on the rambox were broken and this not holding the cover in place. I push it back together just fine but it will obviously move again given the tabs are cracked.

There is literally not a scratch on the truck, the rambox looks and functions perfectly outside of that. It is a 2020 rebel with an extended warranty.

Brought it to the dealer and got a lot of push back as it was an exterior component. I argued it was a defect and they were non committal.

I literally can’t think of a way this would have broken unless it was a defect. I suspect the cover is not properly aligned and there is pressure on the cover when it is closed. Over time I think this stress cracked the little tabs that hold the cover on. Again just a guess based on how it closes and aligns.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This happens more than it should, and is 100% a warranty issue.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
Got any pics? My passenger side sticks out a lot more then before wondering is alignment is covered under warranty

Acssprez

Reaction score

PARebel

Reaction score
I could really use some help and advice from everyone. So it was been almost a month now and still no resolution to the Rambox issue I have. The simple answer is just pay the dealer to replace the rambox cover, paint it, etc. However this truly looks like a defect and I am within the first 3/36.

My biggest problem right now is RamCares, though it is an ironic name. If this does or does not get covered under warranty is one thing. The problem is ramcares simply never calls me back. I have called countless times. They promise to call back, they say they changed my case manager and they say a message will pop up on the case managers screen when they log in. None of it works. Not a single call back over close to a month. No matter how many times I call they won’t help me because they say the case manager is unavailable.

This is quite literally about the first customer experience imaginable.

Again warranty issue aside it seems reasonable to be able to at least get to someone to discuss it with. I even told my whole story to an agent and their answer was to ru were sorry but there is no way to get help unless the case manager calls me.

Any ideas? I am at a loss, at this point I have lost all faith in rams customer service.

I also posted a pic of the issue where the cover of the rambox separated

Attachments

• 736D9F11-0E8D-4B56-9276-DADB0F5F9737.jpeg
    736D9F11-0E8D-4B56-9276-DADB0F5F9737.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 479B4FA9-45B7-4380-ABF2-521B6C679BBA.jpeg
    479B4FA9-45B7-4380-ABF2-521B6C679BBA.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread