5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Will Build An All-Electric Ram 1500 In 2024:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RAM Will Build An All-Electric Ram 1500 In 2024:​

With Up To 500 Miles Of Range...​

1625860037180.png

The Ford F-150 Lightning won’t be the only full-sized electrified pickup coming to the market from a Detroit automaker. Stellantis has announced that the RAM brand will also be entering the electric pickup market by the 2024 model year. The move comes as the industry moves toward electrification, with more than a dozen new electric pickups joining the fold in the next two years.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s good range for an EV truck. I’m sure that’s not towing

Reverse

Reaction score
I love our Ram trucks, but I am also a realist. There's now way in hell I'm buying a first model year truck from Ram, double so for a whole new electric platform.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
me neither. I’ll probably never have an EV. The grid infrastructure isn’t not ready here, no place to charge but at home. Even if there is a charging station, not a fan of taking an hour to “tank up” anyway

patfromigh

Reaction score
A battery electric truck makes a lot of sense for commercial fleets which either have fixed routes or a small service area. A fleet can set up their own charging infrastructure at an operations base. I'm anxious to see what Ram can do for mild and plugin hybrids. I'm hoping for something beyond the P0 BSG system Ram presently has.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
One question for all the manufacturers will be; are they building these vehicles with a universal charging connector? Hate for a charging station to have to have 300 different cables to charge all the different vehicles. 😂😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/