5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Warlock is back

SacRebel

Reaction score
Personally, I like the newer '19 styling better. But for those who don't care I think it's a sweet ride.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If it comes it at a solid price point I think it could be awesome. If someone wants a great truck, with some attitude and blacked out, lifted, styling, without all the interior bling, it could be a great fit. Hard to say until we see what they actually cost “out the door”.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting...if you look at my posts on the TRX or the street truck, or well any of my performance truck posts...I always said we are seeing a resurgence of the Adult toys by Dodge, just makes me wonder...how much is Ram really looking at this site for opinions and ideas.

It is a cool package...wish it was a bit more like the original...Regular Cab shortbed...with an available 440 V8 and a stick shift.

125.jpg

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very interesting...if you look at my posts on the TRX or the street truck, or well any of my performance truck posts...I always said we are seeing a resurgence of the Adult toys by Dodge, just makes me wonder...how much is Ram really looking at this site for opinions and ideas.

It is a cool package...wish it was a bit more like the original...Regular Cab shortbed...with an available 440 V8 and a stick shift.

View attachment 16185

I’m on record, if Ford brings back the full size bronco, a real one, based off of the F150, I’d trade my Ram in a heartbeat. But if Ram comes out with an attractive Ramcharger based off the 1500.....take my money!

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
I read the car and driver article. It said the Warlock would come in quad or crew cab but only with the 5ft 7 in bed. I wasn't aware Ram made a Quad with anything shorter than a 6ft 4 in box. I wonder if that is a typo. A nice package !

Old Ray

Reaction score
..... sorry but I'm completely underwhelmed,......... looks like a marketing money ploy to me (but then they all are, aren't they?)

As far as Ram looking at this site for opinions and ideas, ........sorry but I have not seen any evidence of it. :unsure:

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I think this could be a potential go to truck for the mod crowd. If you’re looking for something with good bones but want to do all the custom stuff aftermarket, this might fit an interesting niche. Getting it out the door in the 20’s or low 30’s could be a winner. Might also take aim at the (competitor) mid size market since the Chevy, toyo are priced much higher.

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
I really liked these articles and want to revisit this thread.
I actually considered the Classic before getting my 5th gen. It was about 6k less for a nicely equipped truck with dealer discounts/incentives at the time. (Big Horn/Lone Star)
The Warlock might have won me over if they had one on the lot at the time. I just happened to fall in love with the ride on the 5th gen. A lot better interior and ride quality. (not saying the 4th gens are bad, I actually love them too)
If only I had a disposable income for additional vehicles that I could afford. I'd love to have a Warlock and Hellcat Redeye sitting in my driveway next to my 5th gen. One can dream. I used to be a fan of Ford for years but FCA is on my wish list.
Thanks Patsy for the OP

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score

View attachment 16185
I think a limited numbers of RAMs with step sides and wooden bed would be fantastic!

PorBoy

Reaction score
Very nicely done and even though you don’t get a lot, what you do get goes a long way in stepping up the game.

LaRamie

Reaction score
To be honest I think there should be more to this truck, only thing the two have in common is their name. I was hoping to see maybe another sticker or emblem on the tailgate like original, and at least some sort of pinstriping. Feels like there are things they could have done but didnt, two stickers just doesn't get it for me. Father in law has an original red 78 and we both agreed it was lacking.

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
the thumbnail image of Jared's video kind of resembles a Quad Cab with a short box. 5'7 If so, that's interesting as the shorter wheelbase would be optimal in an a off road setting (for trails)

Users who are viewing this thread