5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Trucks Reduces The Complexity Of Its 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Trucks Reduces The Complexity Of Its 2022 Ram 1500 Lineup!​

Quad Cab Models Are Only Available On Tradesman & Big Horn Trims...​

1629832254730.png

As the RAM brand gears up for the production launch of its 2022 Ram 1500 pickup, 5thGenRams.com is now learning about the new methods that RAM is taking to ensure that production remains intact as the current semiconductor shortage continues. This includes RAM’s plan to reduce the complexity of its offerings for several models. So what can we expect?

Last edited:

jkm312

Reaction score
Why not produce a truck with a single cab, 98 inch bed with the tailgate shut in the upper trim levels? I for one would be all over that truck.

DTol

Reaction score
No Advanced Safety Group on Limited? Does that mean those features are gone or are now standard?
My Limited build order that was issued on June 3rd still has the Level one, tech group and the protection group and I assume it will be built that way. Later Vins won't.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
What about the Longhorn ASG package? Has it gone the way of the dodo bird or is it included in the Longhorn Level 1 package like for the Limited?

CowboyBandit

Reaction score
I hope these changes end up being for 2022 only.....I'll miss the nicer equipped quad cab trucks.

I guess the new body style regular cab is not happening anytime soon either.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Limited Level 1 now includes the ASG features.
This was true for 2021, as well.
What about the Longhorn ASG package? Has it gone the way of the dodo bird or is it included in the Longhorn Level 1 package like for the Limited?
It’s probably sticking around, because ASG on Longhorn was an additional package on top of Level 1. To get ASG on Longhorn, you also have to order Level 1.

On Limited, ASG was a subset of Level 1 (including in 2021, as noted above).

I assume part of the reason for this is that the 12” screen is standard on Limited, and part of Level 1 on Longhorn. Surround view cameras may be dependent on the 12” screen.

RockJock

Reaction score
"Limited Level 1 now includes HUD and DRVM
Advanced Safety Group is no longer available on the Limited."

To me, this would make it a lot more clear:

"Technology Group and ASG aren't available as standalone packages on the Limited. They're both included in Limited Level 1"

Their words make it sound like the contents of ASG are completely gone from the Limited. Unless they actually are....

It might have reduced ordering complexity but I think it increased confusion!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score

"Technology Group and ASG aren't available as standalone packages on the Limited. They're both included in Limited Level 1"

Their words make it sound like the contents of ASG are completely gone from the Limited. Unless they actually are....

I agree completely. The verbiage/delivery only adds to the confusion and anxiety for us all. I'd also like clarification of why TTPMS sensors were removed from the Trailer Tow Group and what the alternative solution is. My dealer isn't getting answers from the regional sales rep either....🙄

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Only included in

I wrote it as it was explained to the dealers from Ram

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree completely. The verbiage/delivery only adds to the confusion and anxiety for us all. I'd also like clarification of why TTPMS sensors were removed from the Trailer Tow Group and what the alternative solution is. My dealer isn't getting answers from the regional sales rep either....🙄
I asked about this myself and my sales rep said she doesn't think it's possible to add afterwards. Can also get an aftermarket one if you feel like you definitely need it.

RockJock

Reaction score
Only included in

I wrote it as it was explained to the dealers from Ram
Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding. My post was directed toward Ram and how they worded it in the memo they sent to dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread