5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Trucks Is Bringing The Longhorn Southfork Back, For The 2022 Model Year!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Trucks Is Bringing The Longhorn Southfork Back, For The 2022 Model Year!​

Premium Western Pickup Has Even More Premium Touches...​

1630530271882.png

As the 2022 model year quickly approaches, we have been trying to inform our readers about the changes coming for the 2022 Ram 1500 lineup. While RAM introduced a trio of new packages over the summer which included the all-new BackCountry (Big Horn & Lone Star), G/T Package (Rebel, Canadian Sport, & Laramie), and the 10th Anniversary Edition (Limited), we also broke the news about RAM’s plan to reduce the complexity of its offerings for several models for 2022.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It ought to look different. Similar to this 4th edition.
6z2o4z7am8h11.jpg

Calileta

Reaction score
Finally we are getting info on the Southfork package. I ordered it for the interior color and MFT, but was worried there would actually be horns involved. Now if they’ll cough up some pictures of the interior!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally we are getting info on the Southfork package. I ordered it for the interior color and MFT, but was worried there would actually be horns involved. Now if they’ll cough up some pictures of the interior!
I wasn’t even aware of this Southfork package until today. So @Calileta, you ordered this package - I’ll make a note of that.
Did anyone else order this package?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Unless I missed something in the article, it sounds like it will be the same as the 2021 10th anniversary interior. I was wondering if they would offer a different color scheme but it sounds like it will be the same as last year.

Otherwise the bed step being included would be new, mine did not come with that as part of the 10th package. Also wouldn't count on the chrome pedals, they were listed for last years models as well in the advertisements but never put in any of the trucks. I'm fine with regular pedals so I didn't personally care, but I know that disappointed some people.

Calileta

Reaction score
Unless I missed something in the article, it sounds like it will be the same as the 2021 10th anniversary interior. I was wondering if they would offer a different color scheme but it sounds like it will be the same as last year.

Otherwise the bed step being included would be new, mine did not come with that as part of the 10th package. Also wouldn't count on the chrome pedals, they were listed for last years models as well in the advertisements but never put in any of the trucks. I'm fine with regular pedals so I didn't personally care, but I know that disappointed some people.
I hope that’s right. Would’ve bought a 10th anniversary if I could have found the right one.

Agvachon

Reaction score

Ram Trucks Is Bringing The Longhorn Southfork Back, For The 2022 Model Year!​

Premium Western Pickup Has Even More Premium Touches...​

View attachment 104317

As the 2022 model year quickly approaches, we have been trying to inform our readers about the changes coming for the 2022 Ram 1500 lineup. While RAM introduced a trio of new packages over the summer which included the all-new BackCountry (Big Horn & Lone Star), G/T Package (Rebel, Canadian Sport, & Laramie), and the 10th Anniversary Edition (Limited), we also broke the news about RAM’s plan to reduce the complexity of its offerings for several models for 2022.

Anyone would know what the option code is?

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
I went to a local dealer today, and was unavailable to order the Delmonico Red Pearl on the 2022 Longhorn with the South fork Group and the Mountain Brown Interior. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cobalt 23

Reaction score
I went to a local dealer today, and was unavailable to order the Delmonico Red Pearl on the 2022 Longhorn with the South fork Group and the Mountain Brown Interior. Has anyone else had this problem?
I would like to add that maybe Ram is selling too many trucks. What other reason could that be to remove the Delmonico red Pearl and the blue metallic just because you want to the South fork Group Exterior. Mountain Brown.
I for one I've decided not to order a 2022 because it's not the complete package that I want for myself. I hope there are other people that are willing to not order right now, and or go to another manufacturer that has what they want. Very sad on Mopar's part.

Agvachon

Reaction score
Thanks. Appreciated. Looks like it will not be offered in Canada. Dam it!,!
Yes I feel the same. I ordered the 10th anniversary on Feb 22 and will not get it. Was so happy to hear about the Southfork edition, ****, not available in Canada, may direct me elsewhere, very sad……

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
As if the Longhorn wasn't "Yee-Ha" enough as it is, with fake saddle bags on the seat backs and all the cap gun etching everywhere. If I had it to do all over again, I would've gotten the same truck in Laramie Sport or Limited trim with the same options, but my gently/barely used Limited Longhorn was the best deal I found for the price. I'm happy enough with what I have.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As if the Longhorn wasn't "Yee-Ha" enough as it is, with fake saddle bags on the seat backs and all the cap gun etching everywhere. If I had it to do all over again, I would've gotten the same truck in Laramie Sport or Limited trim with the same options, but my gently/barely used Limited Longhorn was the best deal I found for the price. I'm happy enough with what I have.

Agree with the yee ha stuff being pretty over the top. I'm on my second longhorn and would prefer it without a lot of the western stuff, but what keeps me coming back is combination of having an interior color other than boring and overplayed black and not having to get air suspension like with the limited. For the trims I would consider buying (laramie sport/longhorn/limited) the longhorn is the only one that can offer me that, so I do my best to ignore the parts I don't like. I very rarely see another longhorn up here in the northeast so I know they aren't very popular up here.

Yes I feel the same. I ordered the 10th anniversary on Feb 22 and will not get it. Was so happy to hear about the Southfork edition, ****, not available in Canada, may direct me elsewhere, very sad……

Man that sucks, they really stick it to you guys up there. I give you a lot of credit for waiting as long as you have.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is what sold me on the black/saddle interior…way less filigree, but still befitting of a Texas truck.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Is it as Yee-ha as Buck Owens' Pontiac?
ba311e7a41f0e303ad7bb5727ad4ff1e--crystal-palace-bakersfield.jpg

Top_12_Amelia-6.jpg

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Is it as Yee-ha as Buck Owens' Pontiac?
ba311e7a41f0e303ad7bb5727ad4ff1e--crystal-palace-bakersfield.jpg

Top_12_Amelia-6.jpg
I ain't gonna lie: I feel a LOT better about mine now... thanks for sharing! :eek:

Interestingly enough, every element seen in Mr. Owen's car is in the Longhorn (right down to the cap guns I mentioned), with the exception of the Silver Dollars and Conchos everywhere (the barbed wire imprinted on the floor mats is a fair enough substitute). However, the Bonneville doesn't have anything 'branded' into anything on the dashboard, and while our trucks don't have a copy of BEVO's rack on the hood, the word 'LONG HORN' is that very thing branded into the faux rough-hewn lumber, and affixed to the exterior in at least 3 places... so, technically it counts.

I'm guessing the design team drew influence from something like this, and the VP said, "That'll never sell... better tone it down, Boys." Mission Accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread