5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Summit Ranch hand Bumper replacement.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
I hit a deer with 1700 miles on my truck.... So time to replace the front bumper and front end. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of a 5th gen ram with the Ranch Hand Summit bumper on there truck. If so do you like it? and would you need a leveling kit to go with it? Thanks for yalls time.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the deer. Those suckers can cause some major damage. I can't help you with your question but looking at the bumper online, it looks great.

C.E.Divine

Reaction score
Here you go. A few things I noticed:

Ranch Hands instructions for disassembly BLOW. Use the instructions on Addictive Desert Designs.

You can get the two outer 18mm bumper bolts with a 1/2" drive ratchet and 12" extension. If you don't have an 18mm swivel ratcheting wrench or u joint, you can get the third bolt with an al18mm wrench and cheater bar by sticking your head arm in between the air dam and the inside of the frame rail.

The forward tow hook bolt is not 18mm. I think it may be a 20mm. I didn't have one, so I used Milwaukee max grip vise grips. No marring on the head due to the bolt you can twist with a screwdriver once locked down.

The nuts holding my air dam on were actually 13mm

The holes where the parking sensors go aren't exact. A few of them are slightly too large, making the supplied grommet not hold the sensor securely. I currently have them held in with duct tape, and that may be permanent.

Have a buddy help you. I didn't, and it was harder than it should have been. I'm pretty stout, and was able to lift the bumper up on some blocks to get it close and then manhandled it for the bolts. But a buddy to help lift and hand you various wrenches and sockets would make it go much faster.

The left-most parking sensor wire is just a tad short. I ended up taking the main bumper harness connector out of its mounting hole and zip tied it a little further forward.

All in all, it was pretty simple. But it is definitely time consuming.

Attachments

• IMG_20191102_160255.jpg
    IMG_20191102_160255.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 447
  • MVIMG_20191102_160302.jpg
    MVIMG_20191102_160302.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_20191102_160309.jpg
    IMG_20191102_160309.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20191102_160318.jpg
    IMG_20191102_160318.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 406

b.w.royder

Reaction score

Ranch Hands instructions for disassembly BLOW. Use the instructions on Addictive Desert Designs.

You can get the two outer 18mm bumper bolts with a 1/2" drive ratchet and 12" extension. If you don't have an 18mm swivel ratcheting wrench or u joint, you can get the third bolt with an al18mm wrench and cheater bar by sticking your head arm in between the air dam and the inside of the frame rail.

The forward tow hook bolt is not 18mm. I think it may be a 20mm. I didn't have one, so I used Milwaukee max grip vise grips. No marring on the head due to the bolt you can twist with a screwdriver once locked down.

The holes where the parking sensors go aren't exact. A few of them are slightly too large, making the supplied grommet not hold the sensor securely. I currently have them held in with duct tape, and that may be permanent.

Have a buddy help you. I didn't, and it was harder than it should have been. I'm pretty stout, and was able to lift the bumper up on some blocks to get it close and then manhandled it for the bolts. But a buddy to help lift and hand you various wrenches and sockets would make it go much faster.

The left-most parking sensor wire is just a tad short. I ended up taking the main bumper harness connector out of its mounting hole and zip tied it a little further forward.

Looks good! A shop is putting mine on because it’s replacing the factory after I hit a deer. Hopefully they do a good job. It’s getting line xed as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJH19RAM

Reaction score
Looks good. Glad to see some pictures of one. I hit a hog with 1800 miles on my Laramie Sport as well. I've ordered and am waiting for ranch hand to ship my body shop one that is just primed so that I can have it painted to match the rest of the truck.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Looks good. Glad to see some pictures of one. I hit a hog with 1800 miles on my Laramie Sport as well. I've ordered and am waiting for ranch hand to ship my body shop one that is just primed so that I can have it painted to match the rest of the truck.

I’ll have some pictures in the next week or so when mines gets out of the body shop.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Good idea on getting that Line-X'd - they hold up pretty well, but eventually they start to wear some paint off around edges and then rust...

CE Devine - looks excellent - nice work.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Here it is LineXed super happy with it.
a9955c77a013def6345fd88ca0e95963.jpg

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Does the grill guard come with the bumper? Sensors still work? I love the way it looks on your truck.

It’s all one piece. As for the sensors they are malfunctioning but I hit a deer and did a lot of damage so it is a result from that and the body shop not catching it because I had them off.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Dang that bumper looks good. I'm not sure it would look as good on my silver Laramie. If anyone has a picture, please post it.

jsugrad98

Reaction score
I have the ranch hand grill guard on mine. It interfered with my front parking sensor though. It looks good and I like it though.
79dca25d4aeed85cc638e1c4783efcd5.jpg
7b259ea5b9f6dd6b773ef826be980cfe.jpg

Last edited:

b.w.royder

Reaction score

Have you had any rattling or noise since you installed your bumper??
I have suspension noise and the dealership said it was caused by the bumper. Then changed the story and said it’s the added weight. The tech said the extra 500 pounds. Which it does not weight that much.
Also said because of the after market bumper they won’t warranty any suspension parts now.

Users who are viewing this thread