5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Releases Second Wave Of The “Built To Serve” Edition Pickups:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram Releases Second Wave Of The “Built To Serve” Edition Pickups:
These Trucks Are Available In Ceramic Gray and Patriot Blue...

BTS-Ceramic-Gray-Desktop.jpg

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I don't know about build-your-own, but it's a searchable package option on the ramtrucks.com inventory search.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Salt

Reaction score
Good Luck. Dealers don't even know they exist....
And, if there happens to be a dealer searching this site, please contact me as I'm interested!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one dealer tell me the Built to Serve editions couldn't be ordered at this time. I haven't received confirmation of this from other dealers. If this is in fact the case, I'm not sure if it only applies to factory (special) orders (i.e. dealers can still order just for their regular stock).

Update: Same dealer just said they can't order the Built to Serve's for regular stock either.

CJR28

Reaction score
Im really liking that ceramic gray!(Although i still prefer my black ) And it is true, my dealer had no idea that my truck was a special edition until it arrived at the dealership. The BTS cannot be special ordered, you have to track one down.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The BTS cannot be special ordered, you have to track one down.

I figured they might not be able to be special ordered due to it being a limited edition package. But all of the dealers I've spoken with can't even submit a "stock" order. I'd imagine Ram/FCA would allow dealers to order for their own stock, but it appears that's not even an option at this time. (but then again I have no idea of the inner workings on this kind of stuff)

CJR28

Reaction score
I figured they might not be able to be special ordered due to it being a limited edition package. But all of the dealers I've spoken with can't even submit a "stock" order. I'd imagine Ram/FCA would allow dealers to order for their own stock, but it appears that's not even an option at this time. (but then again I have no idea of the inner workings on this kind of stuff)
From what im aware of, my dealer received 2 Black BTS and at least 1 Gator green truck. Mine was the first one they had in stock. I was in the market for a new truck so i was constantly checking the dealers website and i saw they were getting a black truck in with 3.92s, the rambox, 8” nav, and the led light package so i inquired and said i would take it. When i went to pick it up, the salesman was just as surprised as me that it was special edition.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to add even more confusion, the Ram representative I spoke with today said she was showing the Built to Serve package Is only open for “sold” orders. Which, if I understand correctly, “sold” orders are typically custom orders (versus “stock” orders for dealer stock). So go figure haha

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Similar experience to mine. I was just in the market for a truck and when we pulled into the lot there my truck sat. It wasn't even listed on their website. If it was I would've flew down there because it's basically everything I was building on the ram builder website. It's a pretty small dealer and they were telling me it just appeared one day. Ram decides what dealer gets what truck and sends it to them. Although when they sold it to me they said they were happy I, a local, was getting it because there was some guy from Florida hounding them constantly trying to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread