5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Rebel - Brand New and broken after 25 miles.

DigiRam

Reaction score
Hi there,

I bought a brand new 2021 RAM Rebel v6 EcoDiesel. I left the dealership and got it up to highway speeds when the intercooler hose popped off. I was in limp mode on my way back to the dealership. Then the service nightmare began. I requested FCA Replace the truck with a new one that's not defective. They are refusing - i have case open with NCDS per the Mopar warranty website.

The MPG are nowhere near advertised 21 to 26 with 24 average. More like 18mpg. I think my there was other damage with the turbo, of course they'll never admit to it unless there is an error code. Thoughts or advice? Close to meeting lemon law criteria after owning for a 1.5 months.

jimchi

Reaction score
If you think you're going to lemon the vehicle out your best bet is research your state's requirements and/or contact a lawyer. There are specific requirements you must meet and clock may have already started ticking.

DigiRam

Reaction score
If you think you're going to lemon the vehicle out your best bet is research your state's requirements and/or contact a lawyer. There are specific requirements you must meet and clock may have already started ticking.
Thanks for the feedback. I went down that road initially and one of the requirements is to ask for a replacement in writing. That's where I'm at now.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have nothing to loose but I think it's a long shot at getting a replacement if the hose popping off was your only documented issue. Might be able to get some kind of settlement or extended warranty out of them. As noted above it really depends on your states lemon law.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So a hose pops off and the mpg on a brand spanking new truck isn’t as advertised and that calls for a buy back...wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@DigiRam how is the truck running now?

How many miles have you put on it since repair.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The intercooler hose is probably a freak occurrence. The mpg is misleading, the fine print says it's based on an entry level trim model and not a rebel on 33 inch AT tires. We are also getting winter blend fuel that contains more stabilizers and as a result has less BTUs. I suspect the mileage will improve once the winter blend is gone and engine gets broken in

edgarrian

Reaction score
The Mileae will improve.

You think there is damage to the turbo but dont provide zero details and then you want thoughts. If the truck is running rough and hesitates then yes you probably have some issues.. If its not then ur worked up for no reason.

Honestly it seems like ur more worked up about ur mileage than anything else. My truck required over 10,000 miles before I saw advertised MPG. Even at that you have to drive like ur *** is earning that mileage that is advertised.

My honest opinion based off of what you have described. I see no path where you could use the lemon law

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I can see why they told you no they won’t replace it with a new truck. Things happen. Also as mentioned above you have the worst possible trim choice for MPG. Best of luck, hopefully they can make you happy with your purchase somehow..

Users who are viewing this thread