5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pickup Muscles Past Chevy Silverado in 2019 Sales

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The big question is did they pass Chevy because of the GM strike? When they weren't making trucks.
Not with trucks sitting on dealer lots. And not with this big of a gap.

But the question is...can they maintain it?

Dirtfreak

Reaction score
Not with trucks sitting on dealer lots. And not with this big of a gap.

But the question is...can they maintain it?
Because of the GM strike my local Chevy dealer had no inventory to speak of.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup...only your die hard GM buyers are gonna keep buying sup par trucks.

Ford needs to get the 2021 F-150 up to snuff also.

speedracernc

Reaction score
If you add in GMC trucks Ram wasn't close. Unfortunate for all those buyers. They missed out on getting a RAM which to me is a much better choice. Maybe 2020 will show a larger sales volume for RAM when compared to Chevy and GMC

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you add in GMC trucks Ram wasn't close. Unfortunate for all those buyers. They missed out on getting a RAM which to me is a much better choice. Maybe 2020 will show a larger sales volume for RAM when compared to Chevy and GMC

Thus the thread title. (y)

GasTank87

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are turning away from GM because of the interiors, they just don't measure up to Ram or even Ford for what you pay for them.
Absolutely. I've always been a Chevy guy. I was shopping between Ram and Chevy. My price I could afford kept me to the Big Horn trim. Chevy's competition at that price point was the Custom from everything I could see. You dont get crap in a custom. Plastic steering wheel. No amenities. Very cheap plastics. Another thing I really wanted was a center console. You cant even get a center console on a silverado until you step up to leather trim!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are turning away from GM because of the interiors, they just don't measure up to Ram or even Ford for what you pay for them.
I’ve always been a Chevy guy and also had good luck with all of them. But the new Chevy trucks are ugly, inside and out. I had a 15 and that was much more stylish then the 19-20’s. Needless to say I bought the ram

sixate

Reaction score
I just got a 20 Ram. Had a 17 F150 and shopped all the major players. The Ram is hands down the best truck. I don't miss my F150 at all and GM's trucks are awful. Uncomfortable ride, horrible interior and I know looks are subjective, but the new GM trucks are hard to look at. I'm just not a fan of the new styling. And I'm a tall guy and my head was scraping the headliner even with the front seat slammed down as far as possible. Now even Ford has some serious catching up to do too because the interior in those feel cheap and dated.

My father in law liked my truck so much he traded in his 13 F250 for a new Ram 1500 two days after I bought mine.

RiskReward

Reaction score
I was pretty set on a Denali or AT4 until I opened the door. If my own thoughts weren’t enough the look on my wife’s face said it all. Just unimpressive, boring and unchanged for what seems like a decade.

Great looking truck, really neat tech, but no clue how it rides. Test drove the Ram w/ air suspension and knew I found my next truck.

Wonder if Ram will outsell GM as a whole in 2020. GM has the right “stuff” with looks and tech but the top Trims don’t measure up (imho) and Ram has much better lower-tiered trims, as mentioned by @GasTank87

Bighorned

Reaction score
I am a gm\mopar guy. I had a 16 Silverado and for the time I liked the interior. it was a little more "noisy" meaning some rattles etc that I definitely do not have on my Ram. Bottom line I think ram has a good grip on the market due to its innovation and winning formula. Good powertrain combo with solid parts. There are some hiccups like any new gen rolling out but hopefully they get it squared away. I adjusted my own door for wind noise because it was off but honestly that was nothing. Fixed the issue and all is well.

AzBadlands

Reaction score
Ill add a few cents here. Currently have an 18 ZR2 which on paper and reviewed by many should be very capable of a truck overall and ofcourse offroad. With that being said, mine is an Absolute POS, in 19 months of ownership and 6600K miles it has been to the dealer 6 or 7 different times for everything from purge valves, bad heater temp sensor, fan blower motor, no air conditioning (froze over, well known GM problem) fuel pump replacement. and an ongoing horrendous lifter sound which makes my engine sound like a briggs and stratton, which GM refuses to acknowledge. aprox 43 days of dealer time. More longer stories about hearing multiple dealers ive dealt always blame the strike for everything, delays, parts, etc. however ill cut this short. This has caused me to look elsewhere (non-GM), hence the reason I am here now. Have not pulled the trigger yet but I have pretty much honed in on a Rebel, just trying to decide if a 20 or 21 is what I will go for. All the JD power bs awards in the planet will not save what is going on and how many of us chevy guys that they have now pissed off and will now lose my future money for sure.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ill add a few cents here. Currently have an 18 ZR2 which on paper and reviewed by many should be very capable of a truck overall and ofcourse offroad. With that being said, mine is an Absolute POS, in 19 months of ownership and 6600K miles it has been to the dealer 6 or 7 different times for everything from purge valves, bad heater temp sensor, fan blower motor, no air conditioning (froze over, well known GM problem) fuel pump replacement. and an ongoing horrendous lifter sound which makes my engine sound like a briggs and stratton, which GM refuses to acknowledge. aprox 43 days of dealer time. More longer stories about hearing multiple dealers ive dealt always blame the strike for everything, delays, parts, etc. however ill cut this short. This has caused me to look elsewhere (non-GM), hence the reason I am here now. Have not pulled the trigger yet but I have pretty much honed in on a Rebel, just trying to decide if a 20 or 21 is what I will go for. All the JD power bs awards in the planet will not save what is going on and how many of us chevy guys that they have now pissed off and will now lose my future money for sure.

You won't regret your decision to dump Chevy/GMC... I did 20 years ago and never again will I even consider one of those trucks.

heydre

Reaction score
You won't regret your decision to dump Chevy/GMC... I did 20 years ago and never again will I even consider one of those trucks.
If you're buying used...brand loyalty should be based on solid models/years not some idea that a manufacturer has made all sh*t for years....come on.

New...best advice is to wait out the first year or two.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you're buying used...brand loyalty should be based on solid models/years not some idea that a manufacturer has made all sh*t for years....come on.

New...best advice is to wait out the first year or two.

Yeah. I like my ram, but it's like the majority of truck buyers are blind and just don't bother reading "the other" sites (ie competition) forums where there are just as many guys there trashing the Ram and saying "biggest POS on the market lol, had horrible experience".

The second best advice: they're all pretty good trucks for the most part (you can find horror stories for every brand), and much of it is subjective these days and where your priorities are.

So if I was a 1/2 ton shopper looking for the strongest powertrain, I wouldn't be interested in Ram. If I was looking for best ride and interior, that would be Ram.

grooves12

Reaction score

Lifelong GM guy.... looked at the Sierra and the SLE interior felt like a work truck. We looked at the RAM Big Horn (cloth interior) before going to the GMC dealer and the first thing out of my wife's mouth was, "The interior looks cheap in this thing" (on a truck that cost $10,000 more.)

It was a no-brainer decision to purchase the RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread