5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Opens It’s Build & Price Configurator For The 2022 Ram 1500:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

RAM Opens It’s Build & Price Configurator For The 2022 Ram 1500:​

You Can Now Configurator Your Own 2022 Ram 1500...​

1633644251339.png

With the first initial batch of the 2022 Ram 1500 reaching dealers over the past couple of weeks, RAM has now opened its popular Build & Price configurator on RamTrucks.com.

In its fourth model year, the fifth-generation Ram 1500 comes into 2022 with several changes. Despite keeping the same overall handsome looks inside and out for 2022, there are several new package changes, the addition of the latest Uconnect 5 infotainment software, and even more towing technology.

fatfree

Reaction score
Unfortunately the dealer's system hasn't been updated. I'm trying to get sport package, premium lighting and 12" display for the Big Horn 4x2 and no dealerships can add it. Some are available if 4x4 is chosen in the dealer's system, but definitely not matching the Ram's site.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems to be glittchy, tried to build a back country and it would not take that selection.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the images can be trusted, it looks like the Longhorn Level 1 package does come with adaptive cruise control, digital rear view mirror, auto park, LED CHMSL, and other features, although they aren't listed.

I've attached two generated images, one with Level 1, one without. Not all the features I mentioned (such as digital rearview mirror and LED CHMSL) are shown in these screenshots, but other images available on the build page show them.

Of course, it could be that these generated images are wrong, and that these features aren't available on the 2022 Longhorn.

I've already got my 2021 Longhorn with these features, but for those interested in a 2022, this could be good news, once confirmed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.20.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 8.19.58 PM.png

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Looking at the Limited 2022 build it shows this for the infotainment system
Be advised for the Ram connect (used to be XM Guardian) you’ll only get 3 month trial for app usage of features. Remote start/lock/unlock/nav send and go. Also notice only a 6 month Sirius trial. Stelantis(sp) is really getting stingy and ripping the customers off.

Doesn’t mention wireless CarPlay/android auto either. Not sure if that’s implied for UC5.

Here’s the FAQ link for Ram Connect.

Didn’t see anything about a technology(I.E. HUD) available or listed.

B49A0911-1278-4379-BFDE-E1E8587A64CD.jpeg

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t see anything about a technology(I.E. HUD) available or listed.
It was previously announced that the HUD and digital rear view mirror (and presumably LED CHMSL) are part of the Level 1 group.

Jack.

Reaction score
Dang it's like 5k higher this year

Bill Tawater

Reaction score

RAM Opens It’s Build & Price Configurator For The 2022 Ram 1500:​

You Can Now Configurator Your Own 2022 Ram 1500...​

View attachment 107455

With the first initial batch of the 2022 Ram 1500 reaching dealers over the past couple of weeks, RAM has now opened its popular Build & Price configurator on RamTrucks.com.

In its fourth model year, the fifth-generation Ram 1500 comes into 2022 with several changes. Despite keeping the same overall handsome looks inside and out for 2022, there are several new package changes, the addition of the latest Uconnect 5 infotainment software, and even more towing technology.

Will the 2022 Ram Limited Longhorn Southfork edition ever come with Delmonico Red or Patriot Blue paint color and the Advanced Safety and Technology groups?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Will the 2022 Ram Limited Longhorn Southfork edition ever come with Delmonico Red or Patriot Blue paint color and the Advanced Safety and Technology groups?
Unless the dealer can build it that way for you I doubt it. Same with the Blackout package, can’t get delmonico or patriot blue with it online. Not sure I even want to buy another Ram with the crap they’re pulling right now for the infotainment system. 3 month trial for the remote start and other features. See post above.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Unless the dealer can build it that way for you I doubt it. Same with the Blackout package, can’t get delmonico or patriot blue with it online. Not sure I even want to buy another Ram with the crap they’re pulling right now for the infotainment system. 3 month trial for the remote start and other features. See post above.
The remote start stuff is through their app which rarely works anyways…. The key fob always works no matter what. I let it lapse on my 2019 and never saw a reason to go back….

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
The remote start stuff is through their app which rarely works anyways…. The key fob always works no matter what. I let it lapse on my 2019 and never saw a reason to go back….
I agree about the remote start, I used it rarely when I had the trial. However some of the other features(bolded text below) in the package should be for the life of the vehicle. Not a mere 3 month trial.

Assistance + Navigation (3 month trial)

Remote Vehicle Operations

Connect to your car no matter where you are. The Ram Mobile App is an essential tool for Ram vehicle owners. With this one app, you’ll have more control of your vehicle, more convenience in your day and more peace of mind than you ever thought possible. Take driving to a whole new level, whether you’re in the driver’s seat or not.

Alexa Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Alexa on an Alexa-enabled device to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Alexa to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Drive Alerts(Should be part of the system not a package)

Drive Alerts helps promote safer driving and gives you peace of mind when your loved ones are out on the road. You can set boundary limits, monitor driving speed, and pinpoint your vehicle’s location at any point and any place.

Send Destination to Vehicle

Use your vehicle’s mobile app to search for a destination or point of interest, then send the address directly to your vehicle’s navigation system – from home, work or anywhere else. By the time you get behind the wheel, your car will be ready to take you where you want to go!

Last Mile Navigation

Because there’s not always a parking spot outside the restaurant or coffee shop, Last Mile Navigation provides walking directions from your parked vehicle to your final destination – or from your destination back to your parking spot – by seamlessly synchronizing your vehicle to your compatible smartphone or wearable device.

Alexa Built-In

With Amazon Alexa Built-In for the Uconnect® 5 radio in your vehicle, you can have the convenience of the Alexa features you enjoy at home, now on the go. Just ask Alexa to play music and audiobooks, place calls, get directions, set reminders and more – all without taking your hands off the wheel or eyes off the road.

Google Vehicle Assistant

Command your vehicle from the comfort of your home using only your voice. Simply ask Google on any device with Google Assistant to start/stop the engine, lock/unlock the doors, check tire pressure, flash the lights and more. With available TomTom Navigation, you can also ask Google to find restaurants, gas stations and other destinations and then send the addresses directly to your vehicle for added convenience.

Smartwatch Extension

Check on your vehicle as easily and conveniently as you check the time. Select Connected services can be accessed through your compatible smartwatch when it’s paired to your smartphone and vehicle app.

TomTom Navigation

Never fumble for directions on your smartphone again. Uconnect® 5 with TomTom Navigation is an intuitive and advanced navigation system offering the most up-to-date map and location technology available.

TomTom Traffic and Travel Services

From accurate ETAs to instant reroutes based on real-time traffic flow, your navigation map will come to life with TomTom Traffic & Travel Services, a feature that provides increased convenience by integrating up-to-the-moment travel information seamlessly into your journey.

Remote Map Updates

Remote Map Updates keep your Uconnect® system current with the latest street and highway changes, saving time and finding fuel on the most direct routes

Advance Search

New points of interest are created all the time. Advance Search is an always-up-to-date online search solution.

Dynamic Range Mapping (THIS SHOULD BE BUILT IN TO THE RADIO/COMPUTER SYSTEM and technically we do with the instrument cluster)

How far can you go with the fuel you have left? Find out with Dynamic Range Mapping, a graphic representation of your current vehicle range using built-in navigation.

Last edited:

Jimp1

Reaction score
I noticed when you build a Laramie GT it doesn't show the right wheels or add the power running boards if you select them.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
ASG is not available on the Longhorn right now, Southfork or no. The only way to get the contents of that package right now is to move up to a Limited. Whether or not that will change during the '22 MY is anyone's guess.

On the plus side, the TG features are in the Longhorn Level 1 package now.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
ASG is not available on the Longhorn right now, Southfork or no. The only way to get the contents of that package right now is to move up to a Limited. Whether or not that will change during the '22 MY is anyone's guess.

On the plus side, the TG features are in the Longhorn Level 1 package now.

Is lack of ASG availability on the Longhorn confirmed for MY22? So no adaptive cruise, lane keep, forward collision warning, etc? Someone earlier mentioned that it may simply be "included" in the Level 1 Equipment group (with certain features implied but not listed).

I was hoping to get into a Longhorn after the lease is up for my Limited (strictly due to interior color choices) but if there truly will be no ASG on the Longhorn that's a hard sell for a $70k+ truck...

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Is lack of ASG availability on the Longhorn confirmed for MY22? So no adaptive cruise, lane keep, forward collision warning, etc? Someone earlier mentioned that it may simply be "included" in the Level 1 Equipment group (with certain features implied but not listed).

I was hoping to get into a Longhorn after the lease is up for my Limited (strictly due to interior color choices) but if there truly will be no ASG on the Longhorn that's a hard sell for a $70k+ truck...
It's confirmed to currently be gone for MY22.

Users who are viewing this thread