5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram OEM Underseat Storage

sscholl

Reaction score
Looking for the part numbers for the brackets that the Underseat storage mounts to. My truck was built WITHOUT the factory underseat storage but i am adding it after the fact. Does anyone have the part numbers? Has anyone added this, successfully? If so, any tips/tricks?

Regards

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pulled mine out and Sold it to a Member on here that lives a few towns over.
I installed a DU-HA with Locking Lid ($300). Ordering stock parts from a dealer
would run about $400.

There is the main folding panel, Latch, Latch Cover and 8 Bolts. You would have
to cut a section out of the rug to mount the latch if the truck was not equipped
from the Factory. There may be some covers on each side of the seats to be
removed also.

Malodave

sscholl

Reaction score
I pulled mine out and Sold it to a Member on here that lives a few towns over.
I installed a DU-HA with Locking Lid ($300). Ordering stock parts from a dealer
would run about $400.

There is the main folding panel, Latch, Latch Cover and 8 Bolts. You would have
to cut a section out of the rug to mount the latch if the truck was not equipped
from the Factory. There may be some covers on each side of the seats to be
removed also.

Malodave
I have the main storage board and the brackets that the main board mount to, but it seems like the brackets would mount to the seat supports, somehow... thats mainly what i need (or maybe i need to take my cover off to see if there are screw holes behind my support cover?) or need to know. I dont plan on using the center support/catch piece, as it seems like a small bungee cord would do the trick if i ever need to fold it up. Do you happen to have any photos of the seat brackets where the OEM panel mounted?

Thanks for your feedback. I've considered the aftermarket option, but i want to retain full function of the all weather mats.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe there are inserts on each side of the seat mounts. Mine looked
like there would be a cover there without the factory Storage option.
Since the Du-Ha keeps it hidden, I did not look for the covers to put on.
There are two bolts on each side and two on the floor. The other two bolts
hold the "Latch" on with the Latch Cover snapping on to the Latch.

Malodave

sscholl

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210118_111512_resized.jpg
    20210118_111512_resized.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20210118_111518_resized.jpg
    20210118_111518_resized.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 77

obrien

Reaction score
I have Du-Ha without a lid and it is far superior to OEM and it is only like 170 usd on amazon and 2 bolts (plus Loctite) installation..

I went with the version without a lid since I have permanently installed car seat and so I can lift only one seat without removing it. I have things I need often (like tie down straps) under this seat and things I need rarely (like jumping cables) under the seat with car seat. It works perfectly

Attachments

• 20210117_142628.jpg
    20210117_142628.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 115

sscholl

Reaction score
I have Du-Ha without a lid and it is far superior to OEM and it is only like 170 usd on amazon and 2 bolts (plus Loctite) installation..

I went with the version without a lid since I have permanently installed car seat and so I can lift only one seat without removing it. I have things I need often (like tie down straps) under this seat and things I need rarely (like jumping cables) under the seat with car seat. It works perfectly
That looks good! I wish there was a version of this that was more low profile. I lift my seats and use my floor bins as well as have a need to store things, somewhat securely, under my seat. For these reasons, i am wanting the factory version... hindsight being what it is, i would have made sure my truck had it when i purchased it.

Thanks for your feedback.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate that alot, Thank you! That DuHa locking storage looks good... i just wish they wouldn't pin my floor mats down. Looking at the covers over my seat frames, they are one piece... i guess i need to get them off to see if i need new seat support brackets or just the covers...
When you pull your covers off you should add some PIX to this thread
so others can have the full picture of what is there.

Malodave

sscholl

Reaction score
When you pull your covers off you should add some PIX to this thread
so others can have the full picture of what is there.

Malodave
For sure! I think its gonna be a big process though... but might be the only way i can get the information i need.

obrien

Reaction score
That looks good! I wish there was a version of this that was more low profile. I lift my seats and use my floor bins as well as have a need to store things, somewhat securely, under my seat. For these reasons, i am wanting the factory version... hindsight being what it is, i would have made sure my truck had it when i purchased it.

Thanks for your feedback.
I am not sure I understand the concern. I can still get into floor bins as the mat can be easily lifted from under the du-ha. It is not pinched by force at all, it just lies on it.

The Du-Ha is definitely superior to factory tray, I have actually not wanted the factory as I knew this would do better..

sscholl

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the concern. I can still get into floor bins as the mat can be easily lifted from under the du-ha. It is not pinched by force at all, it just lies on it.

The Du-Ha is definitely superior to factory tray, I have actually not wanted the factory as I knew this would do better..
I had the rough country bin in my truck and didnt care for the flimsy feel of it... Its all personal preference. Ultimately, gaining access to the floor bins with the rubber mats, isnt the easiest, that might be my main issue here, but its manageable with being able to pull up the lower corner of the floor mat.

obrien

Reaction score
I had the rough country bin in my truck and didnt care for the flimsy feel of it... Its all personal preference. Ultimately, gaining access to the floor bins with the rubber mats, isnt the easiest, that might be my main issue here, but its manageable with being able to pull up the lower corner of the floor mat.
Du-Ha does not feel flimsy imho but indeed personal preference for sure. Actually I fight more with the mat retention pins when getting into floor bins than with underseat storage sitting on top of it. when seat is down I barely notice the du-ha is there. But again personal preference!

sscholl

Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I removed the Driver Side rear seat and the frame cover, to reveal that the brackets DO in fact have the necessary holes to screw in the OEM underseat storage. If anyone is curious, here are some pics:

Attachments

• 20210122_123205_resized.jpg
    20210122_123205_resized.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20210122_123215_resized.jpg
    20210122_123215_resized.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210122_123218_resized.jpg
    20210122_123218_resized.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20210122_123230_resized.jpg
    20210122_123230_resized.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210122_150816_resized.jpg
    20210122_150816_resized.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 105

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I removed the Driver Side rear seat and the frame cover, to reveal that the brackets DO in fact have the necessary holes to screw in the OEM underseat storage. If anyone is curious, here are some pics:
Yep, all Rams have those holes

obrien

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread