5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram GT Super Performance Hood

GTRam

Reaction score
hi all, new to the forum.........

I have ordered the new 2022 Ram GT with other packages.

On ram trucks.com it shows the super performance hood is part of the Laramie GT and Rebel GT package.

has a picture and states:

"Sport Performance Hood​

With built-in airflow features, the sport performance hood helps keep engine temperature low and performance high."

This sounded like a real nice addition, having real vents vs fake past ones so I started investigating if the hood was truly vented.

I spoke to Dodge customer service and they were not sure but they helped me find dealers who had Laramie GT and Rebel GT on the lot but not in my state.

I called the dealerships and ask if the hood insulation was cutout under the hood vents. What I was told by the salesmen's who opened the hoods was the Laramie GT had cutouts under the hood and the vents were open, but for the Rebel GT the hood insulation was not cutout and they were fake vents as before.

Would be a bummer if the Rebel GT vents were fake, even though they are advertised on ramtrucks.com as real.

Does anyone actually have a Laramie GT and Rebel GT who can validate what I was told?

Last edited:

Jimp1

Reaction score
I have a Laramie GT. I will check tomorrow but I think they are fake.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
hi all, new to the forum.........

I have ordered the new 2022 Ram GT with other packages.

On ram trucks.com it shows the super performance hood is part of the Laramie GT and Rebel GT package.

has a picture and states:

"Sport Performance Hood​

With built-in airflow features, the sport performance hood helps keep engine temperature low and performance high."

This sounded like a real nice addition, having real vents vs fake past ones so I started investigating if the hood was truly vented.

I spoke to Dodge customer service and they were not sure but they helped me find dealers who had Laramie GT and Rebel GT on the lot but not in my state.

I called the dealerships and ask if the hood insulation was cutout under the hood vents. What I was told by the salesmen's who opened the hoods was the Laramie GT had cutouts under the hood and the vents were open, but for the Rebel GT the hood insulation was not cutout and they were fake vents as before.

Would be a bummer if the Rebel GT vents were fake, even though they are advertised on ramtrucks.com as real.

Does anyone actually have a Laramie GT and Rebel GT who can validate what I was told?
I'd be really surprised, but also very interested if the GT hood is any different than the "Sport Performance Hood" I have on my 2021 Limited.

GTRam

Reaction score
Stopped by my dealer today, they sent off an email to the district rep asking if the GT model hoods truly have "built-in airflow features" as noted on Ramtrucks.com.

I will post what I hear back.

Jimp1

Reaction score
Stopped by my dealer today, they sent off an email to the district rep asking if the GT model hoods truly have "built-in airflow features" as noted on Ramtrucks.com.

I will post what I hear back.
It's fake.

jdc6819

Reaction score
I just picked up a Laramie GT and mine are fake. Covered by insulation with just a drip spout sticking through. Same as what was on my 20 Rebel

Cda3488

Reaction score
I just picked up a Laramie GT and mine are fake. Covered by insulation with just a drip spout sticking through. Same as what was on my 20 Rebel
How is the pick up on your GT compared to without the cold air end exhaust? I just ordered a GT and sure hoping I can feel a difference.

jdc6819

Reaction score
How is the pick up on your GT compared to without the cold air end exhaust? I just ordered a GT and sure hoping I can feel a difference.
Wish I could tell you but the thing died on me driving home from the dealership and has been in the shop ever since. Gonna be three weeks this weekend since I bought it but I still have not been able to drive it.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I could tell you but the thing died on me driving home from the dealership and has been in the shop ever since. Gonna be three weeks this weekend since I bought it but I still have not been able to drive it.
Wow. That sux 😢

Cda3488

Reaction score
Oh man that’s not good at all!! Let me know when you get that bad boy out of the shop. I’m assuming they gonna pay your first note lol

jdc6819

Reaction score
Oh man that’s not good at all!! Let me know when you get that bad boy out of the shop. I’m assuming they gonna pay your first note lol
I certainly will as I'm anxious to find out myself. Nope, They failed on every level and haven't done a thing to try and make it right. Dealership wanted nothing to do with me after purchase. They turned me away to another dealership. Ram Roadside picked up my truck and lost it. Had to call police to report it stolen and had to track it down myself with there help. Didn't even get looked at till the end of the week at the new dealership but can't really blame them as they were swamped. They were also up front about it. Called Ram Corporate on Monday and was told they will take a look at it on Thursday. So as a whole every part of Ram has failed at their job.

GTRam

Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear that, you were ”Snakebite”!

Hope they make it right for you :)

Still waiting on Ram district rep to reply back to my dealership about the hood venting.

All responses to date say the vents are “Fake”.

BAF57672-38B7-456D-A259-EE7207B31CE7.jpeg

Last edited:

chris288

Reaction score
" built in air flow features " ( fake features ) ?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Fake hood vents are so hot right now.

I love the look of the, but they could have just made it a cowl hood and left off the plastic cladding. Water gets trapped in there everything you wash the truck and it’s annoying to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The air flows perfectly over them, just not threw them and the love to collect water. ;)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Fake hood vents are so hot right now.

I love the look of the, but they could have just made it a cowl hood and left off the plastic cladding. Water gets trapped in there everything you wash the truck and it’s annoying to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fake hood vents were also pretty hot back in 1966... :ROFLMAO:

66 GTO.JPG

mtbiker033

Reaction score
I was disappointed that the vents were fake on my truck. My wife got a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X and her's are real...I was pissed lol

Users who are viewing this thread