5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM from Lodz

doomtrader

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been lurking the forum for about a week now, as couple of days ago I ordered my first truck.
As I'm going to pick it up in about 40 hours from now I decided it is a good moment to introduce myself.

So couple of words about myself.
I'm 40 YO game devloper from Poland. Latest game of my studio is Cooking Simulator (you can check it on STEAM). For last ten years I've been driving Chryslers T&C 1997 (2010-2014), 2005 (2014-2017) and 2013 (2017-2020) and now the time come to get V8.
I was considering getting used one, of the 4th generation, but realized that there is a new dealer in my town and found out brand new 5th gen Laramie for resonable price and decided that I need it.
What might be interesting is that the car comes with LPG instalation from dealer.

I'm really happy to be here, I've already read a lot of interesting informations about the car.

I'll try to share some informations about driving american car in realities of Poland.

Cheers,

doomtrader

Reaction score
No good news for me.
The DMV is so busy that it takes couple of days for registering new cars and issuing plates.
It's already two days and it seems that I will be able to ride my RAM on Tuesday.

It's gonna be long weekend.

doomtrader

Reaction score
My dealer just wrote me that I should be able to pick up the truck tomorrow.
24 hours to go

doomtrader

Reaction score
Finally picked up my Laramie this afternoon.
It is dark already so I will post some photos on the next day.

What really suprised me is that there are some features I didn't expected:
Rain sensitive wipers, automatic highbeam off, cornering lights and NAV (but I wasn't been able to make it work tonight yet).
I also got a piece with air suspension, protection skid plates and LPG system.

The Engine sounds awesome. The car drives awesome. Just drove trough city so I wasn't able to try it at higher speeds, but probably I will take much longer road to work tomorrow to try it on a Highway.

doomtrader

Reaction score
Hello hello.

FInally it is a time to show my baby.

20200227_132541.jpg 20200227_132549.jpg

I know it's not a big deal for people living in USA, but in Poland this is quite uncommon car.
Here you can see how does it look at parking lots:
20200228_161444.jpg
Most of the "civil" vehicles can fit into the lines

and some other place - I'm like one feet beyond on the other side
20200228_091409.jpg

I know that the car is dirty, but I'm living at the outskirts of the City and also this is no-snow winter this year.

I was also wondering would you guys be interested in getting to know a little more about realities of using US truck in one of the most traffic jammed cities in Europe and about such things as price of the car, fuel, cars in general? Let me know if there are going to be some readers.

Users who are viewing this thread