5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Dealership Service Experience

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

So this is my first Ram. Purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 new body style last year and I love the truck. Some issues have popped up. Left side drivers vent wasn’t sitting right. Now the truck is making a metal like noise almost like a pulley going bad around 3k rpm while under load. Anyways. Those two issues have proven to be very difficult for my local ram dealership service department to fix. Prior to this I have been a Chevy man and have always serviced my vehicles at the local Chevy dealership. Never had an issue with the service department and if anything they have always gone above and beyond to ensure our vehicles were always well taken care of. My experience with Ram is just ****ing awe full. They first tried to fix the vent with double sided tape. Then they lied about how they fixed it and had to go back four times to fix it. Now this issue with the sound has popped up and this is the fourth time I’ve brought the truck in so that they can fix it. First they said it was my aftermarket exhaust. They littered blamed the exhaust. Had the original put back on and lo and behold all of a sudden the sound is still there. Brought it back they finally “hear” the sound and now I’ve been back again so that they can fix it. Just the attitude and the blame game so that whatever is the issue isn’t investigated and fixed. Anyone else having these issues when servicing their Ram? Or had a similar ****ty experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derp

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

So this is my first Ram. Purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 new body style last year and I love the truck. Some issues have popped up. Left side drivers vent wasn’t sitting right. Now the truck is making a metal like noise almost like a pulley going bad around 3k rpm while under load. Anyways. Those two issues have proven to be very difficult for my local ram dealership service department to fix. Prior to this I have been a Chevy man and have always serviced my vehicles at the local Chevy dealership. Never had an issue with the service department and if anything they have always gone above and beyond to ensure our vehicles were always well taken care of. My experience with Ram is just ****ing awe full. They first tried to fix the vent with double sided tape. Then they lied about how they fixed it and had to go back four times to fix it. Now this issue with the sound has popped up and this is the fourth time I’ve brought the truck in so that they can fix it. First they said it was my aftermarket exhaust. They littered blamed the exhaust. Had the original put back on and lo and behold all of a sudden the sound is still there. Brought it back they finally “hear” the sound and now I’ve been back again so that they can fix it. Just the attitude and the blame game so that whatever is the issue isn’t investigated and fixed. Anyone else having these issues when servicing their Ram? Or had a similar ****ty experience?

Never again on FCA. I am 2/2 of awful dealership service experiences and the placeholders in FCA corp were absolutely useless to escalate or even effectively communicate anything. I have been working actively since my last visit to do everything in my power to decouple diagnostics and service on my vehicle from the FCA lockout shenanigans due to their SGW.

Never again. I would rather set myself on fire than go back to FCA after this treatment. This truck is mine and while it works I will enjoy it. Never another dime on service or new automotive sales. I'd rather walk.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Never again on FCA. I am 2/2 of awful dealership service experiences and the placeholders in FCA corp were absolutely useless to escalate or even effectively communicate anything. I have been working actively since my last visit to do everything in my power to decouple diagnostics and service on my vehicle from the FCA lockout shenanigans due to their SGW.

Never again. I would rather set myself on fire than go back to FCA after this treatment. This truck is mine and while it works I will enjoy it. Never another dime on service or new automotive sales. I'd rather walk.

Yeah just spoke to Ram and now they are saying it’s because I need to run 89 octane. That the sound I am hearing is a ping the engine is making. A ping specifically in 4 & t gear at 3k rpm. SPECIFICALLY. Under load. This is what I confirmed when I took it in the first time and they didn’t believe me. The ping I know this to be a lie because I ran a few tanks of high octane for a while. No change. Same sound. The guy specifically said that the engine is burning the fuel too fast at 87 octane. I don’t believe these dudes know what’s making the noise in my new truck. Now I’ll have to run the 89 as specified in the Manuel. If it makes the noise I’ll take it back and see what else can be done about the engine noise. This is becoming a serious problem and I will never again buy a ram. Ever again.

HEMI19

Reaction score
Yeah just spoke to Ram and now they are saying it’s because I need to run 89 octane. That the sound I am hearing is a ping the engine is making. A ping specifically in 4 & t gear at 3k rpm. SPECIFICALLY. Under load. This is what I confirmed when I took it in the first time and they didn’t believe me. The ping I know this to be a lie because I ran a few tanks of high octane for a while. No change. Same sound. The guy specifically said that the engine is burning the fuel too fast at 87 octane. I don’t believe these dudes know what’s making the noise in my new truck. Now I’ll have to run the 89 as specified in the Manuel. If it makes the noise I’ll take it back and see what else can be done about the engine noise. This is becoming a serious problem and I will never again buy a ram. Ever again.

Has the dealer addressed this issue?

Same exact noise on my 2019, ticking / chatter around 3,000 rpms under load, will not occur in neutral or park, higher octane helped with it occasionally now it doesn’t help at all

Brain h

Reaction score
My experience was also absolutely terrible.
Too many things too list from very rude service personnel to inept mechanics. And just as a side note my local dealer says they wont service my vehicle anymore because I was rude, so I now have to drive almost 50 miles to the next available dealer.
This was my first and my last Chrysler/FCA vehicle ever.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Has the dealer addressed this issue?

Same exact noise on my 2019, ticking / chatter around 3,000 rpms under load, will not occur in neutral or park, higher octane helped with it occasionally now it doesn’t help at all

The noise with 91 has minimized. Sometimes I still hear it. Dealer didn’t do anything.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
My experience was also absolutely terrible.
Too many things too list from very rude service personnel to inept mechanics. And just as a side note my local dealer says they wont service my vehicle anymore because I was rude, so I now have to drive almost 50 miles to the next available dealer.
This was my first and my last Chrysler/FCA vehicle ever.

Same. Never buying another ram after this. Is ford and Chevy had better interiors I would have bailed on my ‘19 already. Especially now that they have 0% financing.

Brain h

Reaction score
Same. Never buying another ram after this. Is ford and Chevy had better interiors I would have bailed on my ‘19 already. Especially now that they have 0% financing.

Same here...the interior of the ram was what brought me over to try Chrysler..I'm eyeballing Toyota tundras now hoping for some interior improvements

flyingron

Reaction score
As I detailed in another thread, the service department where I bought my truck were outright dishonest. My bed cover was supposed to be installed when I bought the truck. When I finally call parts to find out where it was (it had been back-ordered), they offer to have the service department install it. OK, that's nice. They come back and tell me it will be three hours work (must leave the truck there all day) and $300. Tell them to stuff it and I carried it out and threw it in the truck myself. I'd already installed the utility rails and the bed extender (which is stupidly difficult unlike doing my previous Toyota truck). The whole point of this bed cover was that it was supposed to be easy to put on and take off (I had an old ARD fiberglass one on the Toyota which weighed about 100 pounds and needed two to remove). As I'm pulling out of the lot fuming, I think about it. I pull off in the grocery store lot a half mile down the road and pull the instructions out of the box: easy. I installed the thing right there in the parking lot, in the rain. The thing is designed to go on without tools (two large hand knobs on the front and two spring clips on the back). It took longer to stomp the box back into submission so I could get it in the bed under the new cover than it took to install it.

I mentioned this dishonesty on the dealer's facebook page. They promised to get back to me but have not.

Not sure I cam blame RAM. I've had good and bad dealership with other cars (well, perhaps I never did find a good Audi service). I had found good local service for Chevy and Toyota (not the closest but responsive, honest, and not unreasonable price). I guess I'll hunt for a RAM one. There are at least three others in this area (from when I was shopping).

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
As I detailed in another thread, the service department where I bought my truck were outright dishonest. My bed cover was supposed to be installed when I bought the truck. When I finally call parts to find out where it was (it had been back-ordered), they offer to have the service department install it. OK, that's nice. They come back and tell me it will be three hours work (must leave the truck there all day) and $300. Tell them to stuff it and I carried it out and threw it in the truck myself. I'd already installed the utility rails and the bed extender (which is stupidly difficult unlike doing my previous Toyota truck). The whole point of this bed cover was that it was supposed to be easy to put on and take off (I had an old ARD fiberglass one on the Toyota which weighed about 100 pounds and needed two to remove). As I'm pulling out of the lot fuming, I think about it. I pull off in the grocery store lot a half mile down the road and pull the instructions out of the box: easy. I installed the thing right there in the parking lot, in the rain. The thing is designed to go on without tools (two large hand knobs on the front and two spring clips on the back). It took longer to stomp the box back into submission so I could get it in the bed under the new cover than it took to install it.

I mentioned this dishonesty on the dealer's facebook page. They promised to get back to me but have not.

Not sure I cam blame RAM. I've had good and bad dealership with other cars (well, perhaps I never did find a good Audi service). I had found good local service for Chevy and Toyota (not the closest but responsive, honest, and not unreasonable price). I guess I'll hunt for a RAM one. There are at least three others in this area (from when I was shopping).

Sucks. I’ve dealt with Chevy my entire life and their service department was always fantastic. The kicker is the Chevy dealership is right across the street from the RAM dealership. Just the RAM servicing is crazy expensive. I’ve been doing all the service work across the street at Chevy because it’s a 1/4 of the price and they use all RAM parts because they are across the street. The RAM dealership in my area is a joke. Just a joke. The dealership needs a facelift and change in management and staff. They don’t care. They still urk our a profit but I suspect the current slow down will impact them greatly.

flyingron

Reaction score
The Chevy dealership I bought my car from was dishonest and expensive. I would have faired better taking the Volt to the Cadilac dealer across the street from my house (which I was sorely tempted to do). After I moved, I had to have my car towed (I was crossing a grade crossing that had an unseen foot deep trench on the far side in the middle of the traffic lane). I just lucked into a great, responsive dealer. Last time I was there for just a basic service/inspection, I was sitting waiting for it and I thought it was taking a long time, so I went out to inquire. Just a question, not a complaint, it j just seemed like it was taking way longer than normal. It finally came down and they said no charge because of the delay. The tire prices there (for the Volt and my Avalanche) were cheap enough that I didn't even bother checking with Costco, etc....

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here...the interior of the ram was what brought me over to try Chrysler..I'm eyeballing Toyota tundras now hoping for some interior improvements
I almost bought a Tundra for this same reason as why everyone else is upset with FCA. This is my third Ram, and while they've always made the most overall sense to me due to their price, features, interior ect, i've always hated going to the service department. And I've been to at least 5 of them.the one dude FLOORED my last RAM because he "liked how it sounded". I flipped lol.
The reason i didn't get a Tundra was admittedly due to the initial "wow" factor not being there when coming it vs the Ram at the dealer. The Tundra still feels like a dinosaur when you drive it, however i do love the interior layout, despite it lack actual options. And a 2020 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4 was more expensive than my Rebel. I couldnt justify spending more money for "less" of a truck, but hopefully im not putting my foot in my mouth a few years down the road with this Ram.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I almost bought a Tundra for this same reason as why everyone else is upset with FCA. This is my third Ram, and while they've always made the most overall sense to me due to their price, features, interior ect, i've always hated going to the service department. And I've been to at least 5 of them.the one dude FLOORED my last RAM because he "liked how it sounded". I flipped lol.
The reason i didn't get a Tundra was admittedly due to the initial "wow" factor not being there when coming it vs the Ram at the dealer. The Tundra still feels like a dinosaur when you drive it, however i do love the interior layout, despite it lack actual options. And a 2020 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4 was more expensive than my Rebel. I couldnt justify spending more money for "less" of a truck, but hopefully im not putting my foot in my mouth a few years down the road with this Ram.

The trucks interior is fenomenal and price point was great too.

Users who are viewing this thread